2014 Spark Misfire

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

DJFLL

Hello, I have a 2014 Spark I bought new, currently has 66 hrs.
Now having a recurring misfire issue with it. Seems to happen after winter storage. I do not fog it.
Has anyone experienced fouled spark plugs or faulty injectors? Normally it will clear up after running WOT for an hour or so.
Got a "check engine light" yesterday but then it went out. Local dealer is an Ass so looking for some help here.
Thanks in advance for you feedback and help!
Don

I have just bought a 2014/15 Spark 2UP 90hp iBR. It ran perfect on the test ride last Sunday but today I took it for it’s first ride and it had a misfire. Possibly same issue as yours Don so I thought we could compare notes.
The test ride was in fresh water and my ride today was in salt water.
The fuel was low so I filled it up with 95 octane unleaded from a jerry can. I ride dirt bikes too so I have always got fuel at home. This fuel is 2 months old in a steel jerry can fully sealed.
At low rpm the engine feels like it is on 2 cylinders then when it hits 40km/h (25mph) it just suddenly takes off like a cut cat.
I rode 2 UP for an hour and it behaved the same for the entire ride.
Battery voltage was 12.4V before going out. This is not great but not bad either. It started the engine without any issues.

mines started then never started again, my fuel was 1 year old though, I changed the spark plugs, flushed old fuel, bam, running beautifully - hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the tips cheappc. I tried a few things this morning and took it out this afternoon and it ran perfectly.

1) I found seaweed in the intake and pulled it out. That would not have been there at the beginning of the ride so I’m ruling it out as the cause
2) added some Sta-Bil marine fuel stabiliser, made by same company as Heet, using same fuel as yesterday
3) sprayed the spark plug coils with wd40

I think the fuel stabiliser was the fix but I’ll never know now...

New spark plugs will go in next just so I know everything is new.

Back