2013 SeaDoo RXT 260 impeller??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bimmerhead

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum. But I have a 2013 sea doo rxt 260, and today I was backing my car in with the trailer while my friend was on the sea doo and was pushed it off so it wasn't in the rocks but when he started it, all I heard was a loud clunk. A rock went right through the impeller and it was a horrible sound. I looked at the impeller and it looks like it is shoved into that plastic surrounding it, I don't know if it's safe to start I hope it is. Anyways if you guys could look at this picture I took of it and tell me if its ok to drive or if I need a new one.
Thanks everyone!
Trevorimage.jpg

The plastic surrounding is called a "Wear Ring". Its sole purpose in life is to take abuse and be somewhat easy to replace. The gap from the impeller should be more than 10-thousands of an inch. And bigger and the wear rind needs replaced (the ski will do high revs but have poor performance). The gap looks fine from what I can see. The rock marred it, but no serious damage was done.

Fire it up and see if you have lost performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The plastic surrounding is called a "Wear Ring". Its sole purpose in life is to take abuse and be somewhat easy to replace. The gap from the impeller should be more than 10-thousands of an inch. And bigger and the wear rind needs replaced (the ski will do high revs but have poor performance). The gap looks fine from what I can see. The rock marred it, but no serious damage was done.

Fire it up and see if you have lost performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks bro, I hope it will be ok, I just picked it up it only has 30 hours on it. I'll fire it up and see how she does then. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back