2013 Seadoo GTI Draining foot wells?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

2013 Seadoo GTI Draining foot wells after cleaning?

I recently purchased a pair of 2013 Seadoo GTI 130's in a gorgeous Lucky Green. Anyways, the issue I've noticed (when not riding, rather cleaning) is it's practically impossible to drain the foot wells. I typically would take the trailer, and place it on a cinder block then lift the trailer to the max to drain the foot wells. Well, unfortunately the design (which is nice on the water) doesn't allow the soapy and nasty water to drain.

I was curious if anyone had any strategies to get this out? I've tried a Drum pump, which didn't work all too well, I tried a red solo cup as well as a sponge. None of those worked all that great. Even after I did manage to get most of the water out, it still left a lot of grime and buildup.

Here's an obligatory picture of the beauties. (In which you can see the sloping of the foot wells)
7eprTHS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just a big car wash sponge and just soak up the water then dry with a towel. Kind of a pain, but I was almost throwing my back out lifting the trailer high enough to drain out my 130.

Pepsico

Guess I'll look at getting a decent sized sponge. That or.. I just thought of this.. maybe I could try a wet/dry shop vac and see how that works.

This is the kind of pump I was talking about.

213.jpg

Use the sponge. That is what I used to do. Just push all the water out the back, then use the sponge to sop up what is left. Three minutes, tops.

Yeah this is one thing I noticed on my 2013 RXTX260 also. Bit of a pain, but I just use use a couple of old towels to soak up what I can, then just use the air sprayer attachment on my compressor to blow the rest out. Then just dry as normal with a chamois or microfibre towel. Not perfect but it works well enough.

I have a 2011 GTI 130 and a 2012 GTI 155 Ltd and agree it's not easy to "dump" water out of the footwells. I've found that using a 6' section of 1/2" flexible tubing allows siphoning of the water and the suction allows some vacuuming of sand and small debris from the footwell while draining. I remove the small amount left with a soft towel. Anxiously awaiting warmer weather here in Wisconsin to get the pair out on the local lakes.

I just a big car wash sponge and just soak up the water then dry with a towel. Kind of a pain, but I was almost throwing my back out lifting the trailer high enough to drain out my 130.

Pepsico

this is my method.
I have a 6 inch by 10 inch sponge, I force much of it out by just pushing it out towards the stern, then I soak up 98% of it with this and just fill/and squeeze the water onto the driveway, then come back with an old dish towel that I hang on the winch stand to dry until next time. Works perfectly !

and yes, this is an issue with pretty much every model i've owned that wasn't an old 2 stroke. I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore.

If I am near te shop, it's a smaller wet/dryvac I have. At a lake it's pushed out by sponge I use to wash and then an old towel to sop up remainder. The towel is dry by
the time I'm needing to do it again.

Would you consider drilling a very small hole in the low point of each footwell? Enough to drain when the machine is stored, but not too big to flood the bilge area.

Would you consider drilling a very small hole in the low point of each footwell? Enough to drain when the machine is stored, but not too big to flood the bilge area.

I wouldn't. When riding in big waves the well are often flooded. Just not something I would do. Only way I would consider it was if I installed some sort of threaded plug.

Last edited by a moderator:

2.gif

do not drill a hole, just get a big sponge.

We've discussed this at length before, even with some creative valve and tubing options presented but in the end it all boiled down to "dude, just get a sponge" which took 4-5 pages I think.

I got home yesterday after riding, took me literally 45 seconds to get the inch of water out of the wells.

I repeat ! Leave the drill alone.

Those are great looking skis!!

I recently purchased a pair of 2013 Seadoo GTI 130's in a gorgeous Lucky Green. Anyways, the issue I've noticed (when not riding, rather cleaning) is it's practically impossible to drain the foot wells. I typically would take the trailer, and place it on a cinder block then lift the trailer to the max to drain the foot wells. Well, unfortunately the design (which is nice on the water) doesn't allow the soapy and nasty water to drain.

I was curious if anyone had any strategies to get this out? I've tried a Drum pump, which didn't work all too well, I tried a red solo cup as well as a sponge. None of those worked all that great. Even after I did manage to get most of the water out, it still left a lot of grime and buildup.

Here's an obligatory picture of the beauties. (In which you can see the sloping of the foot wells)
View attachment 34393

carry a shammy to wipe the ski off after a ride and use to soak up the water in the foot wells, only takes a couple min which i don't mind.

Thanks for all of the helpful hints and recommendations. I think what it boils down to is going to be using a wet/dry vac to get the majority of the water and debris out then using a sponge or shammy for the rest.

I had a white car and light colored leather in one of them and just seemed like it was always dirty, so I just wasn't sure if it seemed like they got or looked dirty easily since there is allot of white on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back