2013 RXP X electrical problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsviper94

I am having some issues with my 2013 RXP X 260 and need some help. I had pulled the battery out of the ski for the winter and then found out that the battery was no good so I purchased a new one, After installing the new battery I am having some issues.

1) When I connected the battery I keep getting a single beep and it keeps searching for a key and will not shut down by itself.

2) If I connect the key nothing happens unless I unplug/replug the 30A relay in the fuse box that is connected to the battery. After that I am able to start the ski. If I shut the ski off it will not restart unless I unplug/replug the relay.

3) I thought that it might be the relay so I put the relay into my other ski and it works fine. I also took the other relay and put it in my 260 and it acted the same as the original relay.

4) I am noticing that the relay seems to be getting very warm compare to the other ski.

5) I checked the fuses in the main box by the battery and they are all good. The battery is also fully charged.

6) The gauges will not shut off unless I unplug the relay.

The local dealer is 3 weeks out on service so I need to figure this issue out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like your DESS post is stuck. Tap on it with a screwdriver handle and see if it solves the issue.

It still may be stuck if the spring failed. Next hung would be to disconnect it and see if the problem goes away.

To me, it is like it is seeing the DESS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back