2012 speedster - reverse hook spring - looking for a pic

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gday

So my 2012 speedster 150 decided not to go into forward easily and once there, would not come back out. Found the problem to be a broken and wedged reverse hook spring (part # 17 in the attached diagram). I'll buy a replacement this week but its very unclear how this spring is supposed to be positioned. So if anyone could post a pic of this area showing the spring, that would be awesome. The 2nd pic I've posted is the broken spring and a "spare" nut I found floating around in the engine bay - going to be fun looking for where it came from!

Attachments

• hook.PNG
    hook.PNG
    60.2 KB · Views: 24
  • spring.jpg
    spring.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
The spring is in the space between the latch and reverse bucket mount. This is the best pic I have of it on hand at the moment.
latch.jpg

Thanks - that gives me a clue. Looks like it seats into the notch at the end of the hook/latch. At this point I don't even know what a good spring looks like as half of mine is gone. I should be able to get one this week and I'll go from there. Thanks very much.

-mick

Something that seems so easy - not so. To get the spring seated properly, you need to remove the latch - which requires pressing out a pin but to do that you have to remove the reverse bucket and the forward/reverse bracket. And then according to the shop manual, reassemble using 4 types of Loctite. Oh - and BRP only sells the springs two at a time. But its done. Gone boating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back