2012 speedster 150 speakers - looking for help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gday

I'm looking to upgrade my 2012 speedster 150 Jensen ms6007S speakers. In reading through the various threads on this subject, I see that various folks have replaced the factory speakers with either:

Exile SX65M
Wet Sounds SW-650 B
POLK MM651UM

speakers. There is talk about fitment issues with the replacement speakers including references to "adapters" but I'm very unclear what the problem is and thus what problem the adapters are solving. Can someone share exactly what the problem is? It *seems* that the mounting holes on all the aftermarket speakers do line up to the Jensens so that's part of my mystery. Or do I have that bit wrong?

Lastly, are all the aftermarket speakers using metal bezels vs the plastic bezels on the factory Jensens?

Thanks for any clues!.

-mick

Easiest thing to do is remove the Jensens and measure the current hole. Then check the requirements for the speakers your looking at. Im guessing the adapters could be needed as the SeaDoo stock cutout my be on the large side. On my 210 Challenger the holes were 6 - 6 1/8 inch. The mounting screws barely had any fiberglass to catch, so I went with JL Audio MX770 7.7 inch speakers. Just had to open the holes up slightly with a sanding wheel on my dremel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back