2012 SP230 fault code P1615 fix?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Branden1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello, new to these forums and this is not how I wanted to make my first post.

We just got this boat this year and have had it out on the water twice. This last time we were out everything was going good cruising at 40mph when the power just cut out. Noticed that the engines weren't in sync anymore and now one engine, starboard side, will not go above 3000 rpm no matter how much throttle I give. Going through the display the fault code P1615 comes up which to the best of my knowledge from the internet means a throttle body issue.

1) Is this accurate?
2) No where near a Sea Doo dealer/service center so is this something a engine idiot might be able to fix?
3) Might there be any easy fixes to try first?

The boat is an SP230 with twin Rotax 4-tec 215hp engines with about 89 hrs on each engine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

may have gone into limp home mode, you need to check other faults. candoo system is the best solution for you.
the throttle maybe out for the ecu. throttle reset is required (candoo).

I thinking it the same as my problem the LH throttle sensor PN 277001727 - your throttle cable goes to it and it sends a signal to the ecu to adjust the throttle of the throttle body (drive by wire). I have order one to change out and will let you know. You may want to check the connections and cable attachment. You find it in the steering harness parts diagram. could be the RH one - not certain on your boat.

Good Luck

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced the Throttle sensor - now it runs perfect no codes - all the way to 8000

check yours out

Good Luck

Tim

Well I've arrived at this problem too it's Intermittent for me. So how did you get the codes to show with out a candoo?

Depending on the boat you should be able to scroll through on your digital gauges with the menu button and see an active code at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back