2012 Seadoo sp 180 won’t start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jullion1980

Hi, I have a 2012 Seadoo sp 180 with the 255 supercharged engine. It has 66 hours on it, and I’ve owned it since this spring with it only having 53 hours. It has ran quite well, and have had little to no issues. We had itbout yesterday and it ran and started with no issues. I put about 70 litres of just regular fuel as there was no premium available, I also added a can of seafoam and a bottle of octane boost. We then took it out today and was very windy so was driving quite slowly, noticed a little chatter coming from engine, wasn’t that noticeable, but was still a chatter. I sped up a bit and noise went away. We were only out for about 30mins and while taking it out of the water, we shut it off.. went to restart and would not start. Put in on trailer, no seaweed, everything clear underneath. Battery seems fine as well. It turns over quite slow but, and won’t fire. All exhaust hoses look fine, nothing pinched off. any ideas?!

Without knowing all of the details, I would double check the battery. We spent a day tubing and drifting and our battery puked without warning when we were ready to head in.

Another possibility, u might have sucked something into the intake that you can't see from the outside.

Starter is another possibility.

Without knowing all of the details, I would double check the battery. We spent a day tubing and drifting and our battery puked without warning when we were ready to head in.

Another possibility, u might have sucked something into the intake that you can't see from the outside.

Starter is another possibility.[/QUOTE

Starter is another possibility.
Ok, thanks,forgot to mention I first tried boosting it with 200A starting. Still same results, slow turning over and wouldn’t start. I guess that’s why I was ruling out the battery being the issue.

What you are describing sounds similar to when we sucked a rope into the intake. Boat tried to start very sluggishly but would not ignite all the way. If the wear ring gets kinked, it could cause the sputtering.

Could be something that got stuck in the intake that you cannot see from outside. (even something small like a piece of wood, small rock, etc.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back