2012 Seadoo gti130 //newbie here vibration- will not go

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougheile

I bought my friends seadoo with only 60 hrs on it. Runs great- quick out of the hole- good smooth ride. I've gone out on the lake 5 times. On 4th time out I felt the shutter when taking off. Ski would rev but not go. I could idle with slight throttle and go about 5-6 mph. I gave it full throttle again and it went away and ran perfect the rest of the day. I'm guessing from reading it sucked up something causing cavitation?? The net day- ran great- then the same thing happened but this time it didn't clear up. Middle of the lake. Tried several times with throttle and no going this time. So we towed it back to the boat with the Honda jetski and rode it for the rest of the day. After a couple hours it was ti,e to make the long tow back to the marina. Started the seadoo and it took off fine. Like it needed to cool down. only took about 10 minutes to get to the no wake zone. It seemed like I felt a slight vibration toward the end. After I stopped- I tried to go again just to see and it wouldn't. As I idled in- I could feel a slight tap/bump in the drive train. It wasn't like an engine knock. Got it loaded and back to the house. Looked underneath thru the grate and could see a little looking chip of wood between the blades.
Here is my main question- the impeller edges are rolled over. Are these 'cheap' material impellers? With normal water conditions- when should the wear ring be replaced? I understand that if ran in shallow water that will shorten the life. Another question is- if I have to get in to taking it apart- should I replace the impeller with a better one made of stronger material? Not wanting more holepower or topend. I'm fine with how it performs- just wanting to know- leave same impeller, no biggy on rolled edges/ replace with new stock 4 blade impeller or get an aftermarket stronger material (and if only a 3 blade is available what difference would I feel from the 4?)

I know- a lot of questions but wanted to be clear- I'm not looking for speed.

Thanks,
Dougimpeller 1.pngimpeller 2.png

Last edited:
If the wear ring has deep scoring and you get cavitation (when the piece of wood is out) I would replace the wear ring. I would just clean up the edges on the impeller and put it back on if it were me especially if you are happy with the performance.

Thanks for the reply. Is there a video or online manual on removing the wear ring? I’m fairly handy- any special tools needed?
Also I’ve seen yellow and blue wear rings. Does the color mean anything?

That I do not know, I haven't worked on a GTI. On the spark its just some bolts to remove the pump assembly from the rear, no special tool needed unless you remove the impeller from the pump. I assume it is pretty similar. YouTube usually works good for that sort of thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back