2012 sea doo GTI 130 Gauge Custer issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RHunter

I am new on this forum but could use some help on my 2012 GTI 130. I replaced the battery last summer and rode it off and on during vacation for a week. Loaded it up after vacation, brought it home with the cover on it and tarped it for the winter forgetting to disconnect the battery. A couple of weeks ago, i untarped it. Plugged in the yellow key but it never beeped like it read the key. I tried to start it, though it tried to turn over it would not crank because of a low battery. I pulled the battery and charged it. Replaced the battery and put the key back in. The 'reading key' kept scrolling across the display so I went ahead and push the start button and it cranked. Still scrolling reading key. Also has engine icon up. Had it check by a dealer and they are telling me the fault is its not reading the gauge cluster. I can scroll through the options on the gauge cluster and see everything that was there. I can adjust the settings, economy/touring mode and see fuel gauge and it works. The VTS on the display does not show position of the VTS nor does it allow me to adjust it. I road it off and on over the last couple of days. Won't go into sport mode and does not show position or allow me to adjust the VTS position but rides good other than that. Any ideas on what this could be?
Thanks

First thing I would do is check the connector on the back of the cluster and make sure there is no moisture or water in the connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back