2012 karavan dual axle trailer for a my 210

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug13

The trailer has 13 in tires on it for some reason but I want to switch to radial tires and 14 if possible has anyone done this or know if it will work without issues? Thanks

You would just need to check the outside diameter of the tires to make sure they don't hit the fenders or frame.

You mean the width of the rim? Going to 14 I wasnt sure if they would rub the fender or touch each other. Just didnt want to buy them and it not work. I emailed the trailer company a few weeks ago but never heard back

I mean the overall diameter of the tire and wheel. If it is too tall it will hit the fenders and frame.

Went with Carlisle HD radials when replaced my tires - came in the same odd 185/80/13 size and the "HD" version had comparable load rating for the radial (otherwise seem to run lower). They look larger radius / less clearance in fenders, would have a real good look if want to increase overall diameter (dont need to in order to go radial).

I use a laser thermometer at stops to check rotor / bearing / tire temps at stops when towing, the radials run a lot cooler than the bias ply did. Cannot otherwise not notice a difference in handling (with a full size truck).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back