2012 GTS bogging, not revving, misfiring.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

oznewbie

Hey Guys,

sorry its my first post, but i promise i'll hang around and help out where I can :)

Im having an issue with my 2012 seadoo GTS 130.

When I rev it on the trailer, twice in succession it hesitates really badly .... when I rev up to just over 5k it misfires (whats the limit on these?)

I took it out on the river a few weeks back and all was going good. Cruising around 1/2 throttle and then came to a stop for no more than a few seconds. When I tried to take off it was very hesitant with a prominent 'vibration' and lack of power. As it was in the river I thought i had sucked something up.

I got towed back in .... around 20minutes and when I got to the boat ramp I started back up to nurse it in and load onto the trailer.

When I got home (no more than 2 hours later) I looked under the seat and had alot of salt water over the engine (around number 1&2). It may have been from previous trip a few weeks before as it had started to effect the paint (PIC below) ..... (I didn't clean the engine after the previous trip as I had no Lanox - bad, i know).

I cleaned the engine. Contact sprayed coil pins/connectors, changed the plugs- seemed good on the hose, thought it revved well (but now am doubting myself) ..... took to the dam.

Same thing.

Came back and changed the coils x3, offical seadoo parts.

Checked the stator. no pins to ground. all pins 0.6/0.7ohms pin to pin.
drained 1l of fuel from the fuel manifold, no water present.
no fault codes.
compression is around 165psi (number 1 may take an extra few revolutions to get up -they all drop back to 150/160ish and back up/down next revolution etc- but i think that could be the gauge/one way valve in the guage)

any advice?

Attachments

• 20180224_110458.jpg
    20180224_110458.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
You should remove drain plugs after every use, and wash the entire craft each time after salt. Did you check the oil? You could have gotten water in there. These engines are very sensitive to the amount of oil, if you have water in there, it would raise the oil level as well. You could also have corrosion on some of your wire contacts. I would take them off and spray them with electrical contact cleaner and put dielectric grease on them and plug them back in. Salt water will leave crystal tracks that will conduct electricity and play hell with the engine management systems.

I removed my drain bungs, I didn't clean the engine down.

No water was found in the oil.

The engine oil was halfway, I topped up before the dam test - now its bang on the max. I may remove some and try again today.
I will also re-clean the connections for the coils and injectors.

thanks for the response!

Did you follow the 4tec oil level check procedure? These are dry sump engines so it's not as simple as just pulling the dip stick in a car.

Last edited:
Ok,

had a mobile guy out. No fault codes, all sensors look to be performing correctly, injector cycles look good etc

He advises it usually hesitates and bog's down (when grabbing the throttle twice in quick succession) ... until it warms up in touring mode. I cant remember it doing that tbh, but he was confident that it is the case.

Putting it in sport it revs well.

he also noted that something had recently went through the jet unit? and couldve became dislodged on the 2nd outing maybe.

plus the new coils havent been water tested yet.

Whats the rev limiter on these?
I'll test on sunday .... fingers crossed

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back