2011 Seadoo Rxt 260

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwat65

Premium Member
Premium Member
Just bought a 2011 Rxt 260. I’ve owned 2 strokes for years but this is my first Seadoo 4 stroke. Are there any tips or things to watch out for with this ski. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Yes and it has 200 hours on it. The sc was serviced by Seadoo about 30 hours ago.

Check hull inside often for traces of water, do not flip it over, be careful with it and change oil at regular intervals. Your manual has a pre-ride checklist You can get the manual on the sea doo website.

And don't beach it! Buy a nice anchor and make sure it stays away from rocks and sand. For anchor a good rule of thumb is to buy non floating rope and have the rope at least 20 feet (twice the length of your ski). In my case, I have half rope and half chain. This will keep your hull and impeller sand free. And if you ride in sea water, wash it after every usage (plenty of documentation on that).

To not even start the ski unless you have three feet of water (up to your waist).

I have a 2011 Wake Pro 215 and if the front hood is the same as the RXT a weak point I would mention is the front hood hinge. Make sure the front storage compartment is installed correctly and all latches are secured before securing the hood and riding. If the hinge breaks, it’s flimsy, it’s a new hood and mine has been replaced twice. Once by each of the two owners.

Thanks guys for the advice. What about the sc. Does it need rebuilt after so many hours?

Every 100 hrs on the supercharger, there is no time limit but most in the know say not more than 3 or 4 years.

The previous owner was clueless. Just found out by going through the service records he had on it that the supercharger has never been rebuilt. Pulling it today to send it out for rebuild. Any advice on where to send it ? Thinking about sending it to pwc muscle. Anyone dealt with them on their service?

Send it to us. We do a lot of them and offer the best pricing. We only use 100% oem parts and turn them around within 72 hours.

PWC Muscle did mine and was very satisfied with service and turn around time. You will need to reset the supercharger maintenance interval in the BUDS system or the supercharger maintenance due warning light will come on prematurely after you get it rebuilt and installed. A Dealer can due this $ ? or you can purchase a CanDoo Pro from PWC also to read and reset codes. Check maintenance interval. Program Keyes etc. I purchased the CanDoo myself.

FYI, the guy I bought the ski from paid for the rebuild of the SC after he was informed it needed a rebuild. A dealer did do a pre buy inspection and claimed it was 100% right. Nice guy.

Sent the sc off to pwc muscle today. Paid for the express service. Hopefully get it back soon.

I sent my SC to PWC Muscle on Tuesday and I’m getting it back today. Can’t say enough about the turnaround time from the guys at Pwc. Thanks for everything and you will be getting more business from me.

Okay I have another question for you. When I put the key on it says reading key repeatedly but it never reads the key. If I push start to activate the gauge and then put the key on it says normal key and starts right up. Is this normal for this ski or am I looking at a dess post or key issue?

Normal, you need to wake up the ECM so it can read the key by first briefly pressing the START/STOP button.

1. Briefly press the START/STOP BUTTON
2. Securely install the tether cored.
3. Press and hold the START/STOP button to start engine.

D.E.S.S. Key Beeper Codes

2 short beeps

Indicates D.E.S.S. recognizes the key.

1 long beep

Indicates the D.E.S.S. does not recognize the key

Just got back from taking the ski out for the first time. Ran great all day until I was heading in for the day. Suddenly lost all thrust. Nothing in the impellar. Wear ring is good. Acts like it stripped the driveshaft or impellar splines. This sucks big time. Is there anything else that would cause this ?

Carbon seal, Engine alignment, lose motor mount or debris. I’d pull the reverse and steering gate off the pump and look at that impeller first, verify the wear ring is good all the way around, them pull the pump to check out that shaft and carbon ring.

I did get some water in the hull when it happened so the carbon ring might’ve went. Pulled the reverse gate. Nothing in the impellar. Wear ring is good. I’m talking zero thrust . Wouldn’t move at all.

I pulled the pump and it looks like my driveshaft and impellar splines are damaged. Going to replace everything. My question is do you have a bumper at both ends of the driveshaft ? There isn’t one on the pump end.

I’d have to go look that up. My 2 strokes had 2 but I haven’t had to pull a shaft on one of these.

Yes that’s what I’m seeing also but the pump end has a hole for a bumper too.

I think your first impression seems probably right. Don’t think a bad carbon seal can cause your complete loss of thrust. Lots of new drive shafts available on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back