2011 seadoo gti too much oil (burning it)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massseadoo

So I recently bought a 2011 seadoo gti155 limited and i thought I got a good deal because it’s only got 53 hours on it so I went home and did and oil change and cleaned it up and I added a little too much oil and didn’t really compensate for the expansion. I just wasn’t really thinking and I really wanted to get out on the water. So I went out and it was good for an hour and a half and then started burning oil really badly. Right when it happened I knew i put too much oil in it and i didn’t want to make any more damage so I had my buddy to me home so I got back to the shop and there is no oil in the air box no oil in the pcv the only oil is in cylinder 1. I checked compression and compression is all equal at 150psi and changed the plugs and set the oil in the middle of the check mark for the dipstick and ran it to maybe try getting the oil out of the system but I ran it for a while and there is still oil burning... I look at the dipstick and it seems to be down a little so I’m not sure if I’m burning it off or if I’m just burning more oil from the motor. I want to do a cylinder leak down test but I’m not sure how to get it to top dead center to be able to do so. It just sucks because I just paid a bunch of money for it the other day and didn’t even make it 2 hours and now I just hope it’s not toast I really don’t want to rebuild it. My only thought is maybe it’s going through the valve seals or it blew by or is blowing by the oil ring in cylinder one. Thanks a lot and any input will help

I want to do a cylinder leak down test but I’m not sure how to get it to top dead center

I'm no mechanic, but the factory service manual states:

Rotate engine crankshaft counterclockwise until the cylinder is TDC.

As the engine crankshaft is turned over, observe the movement of intake rocker arm of the cylinder.

After piston completes its cycle and the intake valve closes, observe the piston

When it reaches its uppermost position, this is TDC compression stroke.

Secure the drive shaft adapter with a wrench lever against hull to prevent further crankshaft rotation.

Install gauge adapter from Engine leak down test kit into spark plug hole.

Connect to adequate air supply.

Set needle of measuring gauge to zero.

Supply combustion chamber with air.

up to 15% excellent condition
16% - 25% Good condition
26% - 40% fair condition
41% + ruh roh

If there is a bluish smoke out the back it’s your rings, when you overfill the oil the crank can emulsify the oil causing engine damage.

If you have oil in the intake system from overfilling it takes a little while before it all burns off, the crankcase breather goes right into the superchager and then through the entire intake, also if it persists one reason (not the only) for oil usage is the V-ring in the oil separator may need to be replaced.

If you have oil in the intake system from overfilling it takes a little while before it all burns off, the crankcase breather goes right into the superchager and then through the entire intake, also if it persists one reason (not the only) for oil usage is the V-ring in the oil separator may need to be replaced.

No supercharger on the 155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back