2011 Seadoo 210 error code u1301

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbrock

Hi I am new here and the boat has the error code u1301. I researched it and people where saying the code was because they programmed the boat ECU to perform as the supercharged model. The U1301 Fault Code is for the supercharger overheating. What is happening is the ECU runs the check and scans for the part that would respond to the signal and since I don't have the SC model, just the twin 155's 4TEC, the code displays.

Does anyone know this is true, or if this issue was a recall? Thanks for the help

Robert

Found this info on another forum posted in 2012...

My boat has shown the U1301 Fault Code since the first day I got it brand new. My dealer researched it and found out that the dealer I bought it from (not them) programmed the ECU incorrectly. Apparently they programmed my boat ECU to perform as the supercharged model. The U1301 Fault Code is for the supercharger overheating. What is happening is the ECU runs the check and scans for the part that would respond to the signal and since I don't have the SC model, just the twin 155's 4TEC, the code displays. They said that this causes the boat to under-perform and not reach full RPM/Speed/Etc..... They have worked on trying to download the new software but if that doesnt work they will have to replace the ECU and download as if it was brand new. They actually had to order new computers for the boat under warranty. I am anxious to see how it performs when fixed. There was also a recall on the U1301 code and 1700 code that Sea-Doo tried to address with patch cable and software update which did not work on my system...

The code means

Software / Data compatibility error between starboard and port ECUs

You have to take it in to the dealership for them to upload the correct software into the ski.

They have tried that but still getting the code. They have even called BRP but supposedly they didn't call them back.

You ever figure this out? I have a 2010 Seadoo 210 Wake, with super chargers and getting this code. Kills the ski mode capabilities and scyning the engines which makes sense regarding the code description (Software / Data compatibility error between starboard and port ECUs ). It goes away if I reset the ECU's but comes back after a while. Not sure what's causing it and hesitant to take it to the dealer for them to figure it out without some prior research. Is there an ECU update that they can actually do? How do I find this out?

Thanks in advance,
Jayme

Update:

Dealer suggests it could be the "perfect pass" that causes the code. Have to bring it in to confirm but seems they've had this problem before. Anyone else?

They say they can disconnect it, or replace the module??? We'll see I guess. Just a long haul to the dealer for a big unknown in the middle of the summer...

There is no "perfect pass". It's a factory part of the controls. Ski mode and the like. I assume this is what they mean...

So "Ski Mode" then.

I only asked about PP because that's what you called it. We had PP on our Nautique, that's why I asked if it was installed afterwards as I've heard of others adding them after the fact. I'm somewhat familiar with the PP system.

If it's the factory set-up, I would think it would either be a gauge cluster issue or the ECM. Have you hooked it up to CanDoo software?

No. Gotta take it to them for that. We'll see but was hoping someone else might have had experience with it.

Well, dealer was useless as expected. There was an old bulletin where you have to check the starter button wiring is looped and then install an update file. I was assured they had the file and it would be a quick update. Two hours later "oh sorry, we can't get the file anymore"... After some further searching by them on the dealer forum the file didn't fix it anyway and the only suggestion was to start going through the wiring and making sure grounds were good... Winter project I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back