2011 RXT 260 - Voltage Regulator "HOT"

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Night

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me, should the Voltage regulator (part number 710001103) that resides on the side of the battery be extremely hot? I have been having low voltage issues and IBR issues that push the ski into a limp mode. I go through the motion of pulling the key off, waiting 3-4 minutes for a reset and then the ski runs again. I may have to do this a few times. Fault code C2161

I purchased a new YUASA Glass matt battery, installed it, and it seems to have helped a bit as the IBR light only flashes on momentarily, however I notices that the Voltage regulator is still running extremely hot ( even before I changed to a glass matt) , even though I only have the ski running for 5-10min in the water at idle. Should this be extremely hot? If you touch it you can burn yourself.

Thanks
Regards, Bob

IBR - low voltage detected

Battery failure, rectifier failure, damaged circuit wires, battery terminal connection, damaged AC generator or damaged connectors.

Check fuses#6, check ground continuity to the engine block. Refer to service manual for more details.

I think when the voltage regulator senses a over voltage it tries to ground one of the 3 phases of the stator. If it can’t ground it might explain it getting hot. Check your wires and grounds for corrosion and go from there.

I changed the regulator and now I found corrosion on the fuse panel buss bars above and below the fuses. I cleaned them out. I am wondering if that is the cause for the IBR to go into limp mode.

Starry please let me know what you find
Im having exact same problem on my 2010 gtx 155 no sc ,It has even melted the plug
Coming from stator thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back