2011 Rxt 260 top speed and rpms

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwat65

Premium Member
Premium Member
What is the top speed for my 2011 Rxt 260 ? Also what is the top rpms I should be getting? I’m getting 7200 rpms and 62 mph tops. Supercharger has been rebuilt.

I get 112 km/h (70 MPH)@ about 8100rpm. Same speed solo or two up in choppy water before my supercharger was rebuilt and the same after it was rebuilt.

That’s what I thought. Any ideas why I’m not getting higher rpms ?

More info for you. New driveshaft, impellar, carbon ring and wear ring just installed. Getting the same speed and rpms I was getting before the driveshaft stripped.

Altitude can change your rpms and top speed. Comparing to someone else's boat is no bueno unless you're on the same lake. BRP supposedly makes a different pitch impeller for high altitude that should give you higher RPMs. But I think that is for like 3-4,000 feet above sea level. Where do you ride? What altitude?

I’m in Kentucky. Altitude shouldn’t be an issue. Not in the mountains by the way.

Have you owned it since new? Low rpm can be caused by low power output, software limiting the rpm , too much impeller (if someone changed it), possibly the pump bearings going bad. Tell us a bit more of the history behind it. Does it go above 7200 rpm on the way to 62mph? I think US versions of the 260 were limited to 65mph.

I just bought it recently. The driveshaft stripped the first day I had it out. My luck. Runs perfect. No miss, no hesitation. 7200 is max at full throttle. Doesn’t go above it. Right at 62 on the speedo. I put new impellar, driveshaft , wear ring, carbon ring on it. It runs the same as it did before all that. 108 hrs on it. Changed nose cone grease. The pump spun smooth. I do have a water leak that I’m having a hell of a time tracking down. It’s not the carbon ring. Doesn’t leak much. A few inches in hull. Antifreeze level doesn’t drop.

Are you sure the water leak isn't from water leaking in the two rear hatches? I get a little water in the hull in choppy conditions and when beached if passing boats cause wash which splashes over the transom. I asked the service bloke about it and that's where he said they can leak and also under the seat as the seal is not compressed.

They probably do leak, but I start getting some as soon as I back in on the trailer without the back end going under. The bailers pick it up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back