2011 GTS 130 Neutral/Idle Speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

djwilli

I recently purchased a new SeaDoo GTS 130. I knew that it was the base model and that it did not have the brake and reverse. The problem I have, is that there is not neutral that I can find and the idle speed is 4 mph. At 4 mph and no neutral, it is difficult to park the PWC. I have never owned a PWC and maybe this is just the way it is supposed to be, but does not seem right. Does anyone know if there is a neutral or a way to reduce the idle speed?

I have similar question. I am new to this forum and new to jet skiing. I have two 2008 GTI's and they idle at 1800 rpm. This seems awfully high and I agree, it makes it hard to maneuver in tight spaces and leaves a noticeable wake in no wake areas. Plus it seems like it wastes gas at such a high idle. I use the neutral/reverse lever to slow it down but that gets tiresome on long, slow, no wake rides, mostly because the handle for reverse is not very ergonomically designed. I am guessing the high rpm is to keep the impeller moving fast enough to maneuver the ski and maybe not bog down the engine? Can the idle be turned down a little?

You just have to get used to it. There is no way to adjust idle as the computer controls the idle RPM

The GTS is the base model and no you cannot slow the idle, and there is no neutral. That's how they can produce and sell at a lower cost.

1800 is a normal idle, and I've never had trouble maneuvering in "tight spaces".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back