2011 challenger 180 engine/cavitation issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycephilly

I am not real familiar with jet boats but the last time I took out my Seadoo challenger 180 I noticed a issue. Not sure if it’s some sort of engine issue or a cavitation issue. Basically when the boat runs the Rpm’s fluctuate. For example the engine will bounce from 4000 rpms to 3700 rpms or 3200 rpms. Appears to get worse the more throttle I give it but it does it slightly even at idle. I made a video if anybody cares to see. Any help on potential causes would be great . Thank you

Where's the video?

What have you ruled out so far? What have you inspected so far?

Unfortunately it won’t allow me to post video. I pulled the pump and found a rope that was sucked up and wrapped round the drive shaft. I removed the rope, inspected the impeller and the wear ring. Neither seem damaged or worn out based on some of other posts I’ve seen on here. I put everything back together but the same problem persists. I attached a photo of the rope on the drive shaft.

Attachments

• 87DD8895-BFC5-42A2-BE62-22D01906174F.jpeg
    87DD8895-BFC5-42A2-BE62-22D01906174F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
Unfortunately it won’t allow me to post video. I pulled the pump and found a rope that was sucked up and wrapped round the drive shaft. I removed the rope, inspected the impeller and the wear ring. Neither seem damaged or worn out based on some of other posts I’ve seen on here. I put everything back together but the same problem persists. I attached a photo of the rope on the drive shaft.

Create a Youtube page to host media content. Upload the video to your new page then copy and paste the video link for forum members to access video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back