2011 C180 - Getting Graphix put on!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Duk Man

Just bought what proved to be the last stinking Challenger 180 SE in the southeast???

Wanted Blue, none could be found, changed over to red, Only one was a 255hp and was FAR, far away.

Waited a few more weeks, got a Black one. A very BORING looking black one.

Just got some Proofs from the sticker guy of some preliminary options of colors.
76.jpg

Decided that we liked what he had going on with the first one, (Top Left)
So we told him to tweak that one and give us more choices......
77.jpg

:agree: Blue Looks good. I didnt realize they made that boat in all black. I dont think i have seen any others.

Yes, for 2011 the stock schemes are ALL blue with white, ALL red with white or ALL black and white. No decals, No stripes, BORING bullshit!!! LOL - IMHO
91.jpg

These are the latest 2 choices sent today:
92.jpg

93.jpg

Looks much better than the plain black.

Thanks man, we're gunna take it out for the first test run after removing a stuck ski rope this thurs. and then got a big weekend planned of tubing and grilling on the sandbar both sat and sun this weekend! Hope people notice. it was WELL worth the 500 beans to get all the stickers re-done.

He put on the 4 large graphics parts and removed all the stock warnings and safety stuff and also got rid of the stock "Challenger 180" stickers and replaced them with color matched ones.
Maybe after this weekend we'll have the 10hrs on the clock to get the break-in service done and see what it does with the computer un-locked?

I got some killer graphics for my toys too. My GTX is already done, pictures in the forum somewhere. I just got the kit for my Challenger. Like the members said above, I like the idea that I got what no one else has. For my Challenger, I choose the Vellagio kit. There is a link in my signature to the graphics site, but I'll post a link directly to the Challengers. But, you can also get anything you want in custom. http://www.jetskidetailing.com/SEA-DOO_CHALLENGER.htm

Looks great, but I would have done a one of a kind design but that is just me.

Im not sure what this means?
Our boat IS a one of a kind, the sticker guy drew up the design from scratch -and then with the wonder of computers, sent it to us with a bunch of color choices. Once we picked the colors we liked he printed it and installed it. No-on else has this design on their boat, or could get it unless they copy my grainy low-rez pics I posted on here?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean, but it couldn't be more of a one of a kind than being the ONLY one like it?

I got some killer graphics for my toys too. My GTX is already done, pictures in the forum somewhere. I just got the kit for my Challenger. Like the members said above, I like the idea that I got what no one else has. For my Challenger, I choose the Vellagio kit. There is a link in my signature to the graphics site, but I'll post a link directly to the Challengers. But, you can also get anything you want in custom. http://www.jetskidetailing.com/SEA-DOO_CHALLENGER.htm

Good to see ya back around!! Your ski looks awesome and I cant wait to see how the boat turn out.

Im not sure what this means?
Our boat IS a one of a kind, the sticker guy drew up the design from scratch -and then with the wonder of computers, sent it to us with a bunch of color choices. Once we picked the colors we liked he printed it and installed it. No-on else has this design on their boat, or could get it unless they copy my grainy low-rez pics I posted on here?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean, but it couldn't be more of a one of a kind than being the ONLY one like it?

To me it looks like what you would expect to see on a boat or ski.. I never said it does not look good but I would have gone radical as heck. Just looks like what could be seen as a design on any old boat.

To me it looks like what you would expect to see on a boat or ski.. I never said it does not look good but I would have gone radical as heck. Just looks like what could be seen as a design on any old boat.

I took this statement as something like I"ve chosen to do on my ski. If I understand you right, you meant that "one of a kind" type statement as in something not done before. Its a way of showing your individuality. I don't think there is anyone here with graphics like mine. Like you said, everyone who invests time doing something neat and cool, to make their boat/ski look awesome, should be rewarded with praise. Because no matter how you slice it, graphics packages, whether air brush or vinyl, doesn't come cheap.

I've attached the pix of my jetski. I have the graphics for the boat but probably won't put them on till the winter months. I want to take my time, do it right, and make sure I don't lose patience. That's the quickest way to make them crooked or get an air bubble. But, I'll have to break them out and tape them to the hull so you can see what the change will look like.

The boat? I think his boat graphics are awesome. Like he says, a black boat is just so plain jane. But now, AWESOME!!!!... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Graphic9.jpg
    Graphic9.jpg
    888 KB · Views: 46
  • Nose.JPG
    Nose.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Front2.JPG
    Front2.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 40
  • gages.jpg
    gages.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
wow your ski looks amazing i am lookiing to do something like that to my 97 gsx but ll i can find is for gsx limiteds and rfi's any ideas

Yes that is one bad a$$ ski.

One thing I love about this hobby is that you have a great way to express yourself. Even if you put on stickers as in cheap ones not graphics. Tons of graphic companies to do great custom work. When said and done we are going radical on our speedster. But got to get it top notch first.

In no way was I trying to cut anyone down. Just stating my opinion. And everyone has one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at doing a vinyl wrap. It would look awesome but I just have a hard time paying $800 for it. I decided to just add new decals for 80 bucks.

Hey Mad Duk Man.I think your boat looks great.Well done.
Around here where I live.Every man and his dog has different graphics on there boats/skis.Mine is stock standard so I am the one with a one-off ski.

Mine wasnt a WRAP it was like regular 3M vinyl with the stuff printed on like they do for banners, only it had some sort or UV sun protection, yadda, yadda, yadda......

Only Cost 500 with all 4 graphics, and the license numbers and the 2 "180 challengers" on the side and the word challenger on the back-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back