2011 230 Challenger Stereo Upgrades Have Begun

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbjnky

I was gonna have the local marine audio guru's do my stereo but the estimate came in over $3500 so I decided to do this myself. They were going to do much more than I did but after buying a new boat I am watching funds a little closer. I bought all Kicker equipment from HiFi Sound Connection on line. They are an authorized dealer so factory warranty is good. I started with (2) pairs of Kicker KM6000 Coaxials to replace the factory Jensens. These were (4) screws per speaker and plug and play wiring. I installed a Kicker SKM10 enclosed marine woofer system. I mounted it under the rear seat opposite the cooler. The dealer added a second battery behind the cooler and installed a Perko 1,2,All, Off switch in the factory location. I added a Kicker ZXM700.5 amp. I installed it inside the open space between the front seat and the steering wheel. I took pictures through out the process and will post soon. Working in confined spaces lined with fiberglass and 105'+ temps really SUCKS! It sounds really good. Not gonna blow anyone away but it's loud and clear. Best part is I have under $700 total in it. Festoon led courtesy bulbs are ordered and Ozium LED's will be coming next week. I am installing 20 LED's through out! Ok time for a beer! Or 24!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back