2010 Speedster 150 No spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProTurbo

Hello, Im looking for a Schematic Diagram for 2010 Speedster 150 I have downloaded and bought at least 3 Service Manual and they
don't have the right Diagram (either its not there or they attached the wrong one with the wrong ECM )attached to the service manual, Looking for the schematic with the Siemens VDO MSE 3.7r ECM (look PiX bellow) not he BOSCH me 17.8.5.

All started with some coils not firing up, replace new ECM still same problem, check all grounds, fuses, replace cps and tested, still no sparks.
I do get two beeps when the DESS is in, no faults showing( accept Sensor Sensor and goes away) and not fault showing with BUD system also, I can activate Coils (one is louder then the two though) and Activate Injectors not problem. I have a new Battery but it still cranking a little slow or hard to turn motor at first.
Running out of Options.

If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to comment and if you happen to have that diagram, i would really like to buy it off you.

Thank you v

Attachments

• 2010 Speedster 150 ecu we have in our boat.jpg
    2010 Speedster 150 ecu we have in our boat.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 7
Was the ECM a new unit or a used one? Just from your picture it looks like you might have corrosion in some of your connectors. If I was the one trouble shooting the first thing I would do, before buying any parts, is verify all wiring and clean all connectors.

Was the ECM a new unit or a used one? Just from your picture it looks like you might have corrosion in some of your connectors. If I was the one trouble shooting the first thing I would do, before buying any parts, is verify all wiring and clean all connectors.
I could not find or buy a new unit (420664137) they don't sell them anymore, so I use the same ECU and added a 1503na firmware in it. I have a new wire hardness coming in soon, When I get home I will check again all ground and disconnect all plugs and check them again.. Both ECM connector had no sign on rust

It did start but had the wrong firmware in ECM and I had Mpem error which I don't have a Mpem

Can wait to find out whats the problem, If only I could find the right ecm with the right firmware (420664137)
I bet that my problem.
Its get its trigger for the CPS via the trigger wheel and the ecu grounds the coil to fire them up. I think that the way the ignition work, and also I dont think the injector work also.

One thing I forgot to mention is I have asmall (two wire on one) cable dangling around not plugged in to anything I need to find out what it it. Its a square black box with a long white plastic like nipple coming out of it maybe 1/2 inch long,

Thank you for your reply.

Been two years trying to get this thing going loo

That sucks. I could not find a new or used ECM anywhere online. I guess you could convert it to a system that uses a VCM along with a ECM, from slightly older model. That would mean a new harness, fuse box, VCM, gauge cluster and ECM. Thats assuming the older system would work with the newer engine setup, ie: injectors, coils, TPS, and crank sensor. If in fact the ECM is shot and getting a replacement is impossible what would you do? Part out what is left?

That sucks. I could not find a new or used ECM anywhere online. I guess you could convert it to a system that uses a VCM along with a ECM, from slightly older model. That would mean a new harness, fuse box, VCM, gauge cluster and ECM. Thats assuming the older system would work with the newer engine setup, ie: injectors, coils, TPS, and crank sensor. If in fact the ECM is shot and getting a replacement is impossible what would you do? Part out what is left?

Im not converting anything lol ( well I hope not ), I have the ability to re program (reflash) any Siemens VDO MSE 3.7r ECM with stock BRP firmware. I just don't have the 2010 Speedster 150 stock file but I have have multi Stock files for other Watercraft and seadoo boat that has one or two motors using the 1503NA motor which has the same mapping, and wire diagram, and wire hardness. Then all I have to do is use BUD system to change the Serial number, model number and Vin number and match the cluster and reprogram the DESS also and voila. done deal. It did start but like I said before I did put the wrong firmware, it was for a seadoo. Now I got a firmware for seadoo boat, no error, got my two beep ( communication with DESS and ECU ), she will turn over but no spark. Getting a New wire Hardness soon. I may change the coils also, But I can activate them with BUD system, but the manual says even if I activate them using BUD it require more power to the coil from the motor to light up.

Not given up yet

But I still Need Schematic Diagram (2010 Speedster 150 with siemens ECM) with the right ECM. cannot find it anywhere. I do have a speedster 150 schematic but its for a 2012 and has the BOSCH ECM, it was in a 2010 Speedster Service Manual PDF file that I bought. they added the 2012 diagram .
Im thinking maybe there is no schematic for that boast lol

I was really hoping someone here could help me out or give me some directions, Im out of options,

I will be home in a couple of days and will be checking it all over again.....

does this help? Its for the single engine.

Attachments

• 2010 General System_150 Speedster_Wiring Diagram_SD Boats 010-011.pdf
    318.1 KB · Views: 14
I think Seadoo used the same parts in the boats as in the year befores jet skis. For your 2010 boat look at 2009 ski, now it has to be the same ie: NA or SC. Just compare part numbers. When my ECM went out I thought to buy a 2006 GTX ski with a blown motor and cannibalize the electronics. Could not find one that was cheaper than buying a new ECM, which was available online. Still thinking/looking about getting a cheap 2006 GTX to get a engine out of to rebuild as a spare. The help I offered here is free, just pass on any help you can to the next boater. Good luck

well, looks like I will need a Wire Hardness for the B side of the ECU, will keep posted to help others

Thank you gain the the Diagram, very much appreciate your help.

PS: got her started and as soon I touch the wire from the ECM B side she stops, Might have a cut wire or bad
connector for the CPS.

A update, Pin B-11 on ECU B Side Red/White bad connector. Was loose. Put in new connector she running fine
now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back