2010 Sea Doo RXT 260 Is vs 2014 Sea Doo GTX 155 - Purchase Questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Octoberist

Hey All,

Little background here; I’m buying my first ski for the upcoming season. I’ll be going to the used market since my budget is slightly limited. I’ll be riding mostly with friends on their skis and touring with my wife. I’m aiming to cruise and explore, but also would love to have something to play on / drive hard. Now I have two skis I’m looking at:

1. 2014 GTX 155 Limited
Price: $10,000.00 (taxes excl.)
Hours: 50 (still has to be confirmed)
Comes with 30 Day warranty

2. 2010 RXT 260 Is
Price: $8,900.00 (taxes excl.)
Hours: 130
Super rebuilt, comes with 30 day warranty

I’ll be seeing both in person and will verify condition, but both are coming from dealers on trade in.

Which would you pick?
Which will be good for touring?
Which would depreciate less with average usage?
What is the average range & fuel consumption for either (if you own)?
Which costs more to upkeep?

Trying to research these but having trouble finding the info to compare.

ps. Prices listed in $CAD

Buy the GTX for the wife and you get the RXT. Perfect. If you figure out all that other stuff your spoil all the fun

I have a 2010 RXT;
I would pick again.
Both are good for touring but RXT keeps you thrilled if you are quickly bored.
If you talk about depreciation on a PWC, find another hobby. (lol)
I take 3 jerry cans to the beach, 60 liter total and it keeps me going the whole day at sea, this is including towing toys occasionally. Fuel consumption is reasonable with a 4tec, it was a different story with my old XLT1200 2 stroker.
Costs are just regular maintenance. If you take good care it is not too bad. It gets expensive if you need to start fixing things, especially if you can't or want do it yourself. Most likely the 2010 RXT has the updated drive shaft already, if not keep some money to upgrade sooner than later as there have been problems with that. (search in the history)
Both are good ski's. If they were properly maintained...

Welcome.
I did not see it was an IS, remind that they are a pain to work on due to limited access from the suspension system. When the suspension is working fine, very comfortable ride.
Pain is just a feeling.

I started with a 155. With three years it was sold. I now have a 215 Wakepro and a RXT 300. The newer versions are reportedly more reliable and have a better supercharger design.

I have just bought two ski from auctions 1st a GTX 260 IS LTD 2015 ski for $2k without motor (or motor in bits) and a 215 Wakepro 2009 for 2K with motor
I am rebuilding the motor out of the wake pro to put into the GTX 2015
I would not agree that the IS is harder to work on once you remove the top deck the GTX IS is much easer to work on than the wakepro easer
Some people feel I am going the wrong way that I should keep the 215 wakepro rather than the GTX IS because the wake is smaller and you can have more fun
I will let you know next summer if I am right in keeping the the GTX IS 260

Both seem way overpriced to me. However, pricing is very regional - you must live in an expensive area. I just missed a 2013 GTI 130 SE with 5 hours on it for $6000 (including trailer and cover).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back