Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickname

Recently I bought a 2009 RXT IS from a guy on craigslist. ski had 63 hours and 7 years old. ski had about 2 or 3 light abrasions on the hull, not scratches, and you could tell it was beached a few times in it's lifetime (bottom of hull wasn't glossy, more of a smooth matte color amd texture). After my 4th ride, everything was fine except when I was riding, I got this short beep every few minutes and then it went away after a restart.

Today before I was going to go on it, I did my normal prep, started the engine for about 10 seconds to check everything, and I got a check engine light. "Low oil pressure" was scrolling on the screen. It sounded like it was having a rough idle and was pumping out more smoke than usual. I changed the plugs to try and solve things, but no. Even though the plugs were fouled, no good. I checked the fault codes, and got the code P0106. Can anybody tell me what it could cost to repair this, and most importantly, what is actually wrong with the machine.

(P.S, yesterday I flushed it, and everything was completely normal. And now today, I have this rough idle and it's taking away from my summer.)

P0106 - ECM - Intake pressure out of range. Sensing port dirty or blocked. Sensor failure or unexpected reading at idle. Sensor fallen out of housing or intake leaking.

Intake pressure sensor - 3 pin connector. Pin1 - 5 volts. Pin2 - 0 volts. Pin3 - 0 volts.

Would it be an expensive fix ans can you DIY? Oh and where is the sensor positioned in relation to the engine

Not sure if it is expensive.
Anything can be diy fixed I suppose.
I would diagnose the problem and find out exactly what is wrong first. Could be a corroded fuse, loose connection or something simple. Maybe start in the two fuel boxes mounted to the battery box and look for corrosion. Then maybe check out the sensors on the air intake for loose wires, bad connection etc.

Remove the SC hoses and look to see if there is oil in them. If so, then the SC seals have failed and you are sucking oil directly into your intake..

Also, I believe that Seadoo Updated the oil sensor, if so, replace yours with the updated version.

The problem im having now is trying to get the f-ing IS deck off the ski. Anyone with prior knowledge of doing this and can guide me in the right direction of what tools I need and how to undo the 10s of bolts around the ski and more specifically in which order. Looks like you have an RXT IS jhjesse, maybe a little help? :thumbsup:

One of the three main reasons I will not own a Suspension ski,, I have yet to see one post that said something like, "The deck is so easy to remove,,,".

LOVE SeaDoo, but have no desire for the Suspension.

At any rate, I can look up how to remove it, but I am at 34,000 feet right now. Internet is good, but not good enough to download PDF Files..

Open the front storage compartment and Remove the front storage compartment.
Place a board (4x4) between the nose of the movable deck and the ski.
Go to the back of the ski and remove the rear storage lid.
Remove the fire extinguisher box.
Remove the two black fins on either side of the rear moving deck suspension arm.
You should now see 8 bolts holding the rear moving deck suspension arm in place.
Take a magic marker and mark the exact location of the rear suspension arm for reinstallation.
Loosen and remove the 8 bolts and raise the rear suspension arm.
Take a long tie rap and secure it to the rear seat handrail.
Raise the rear of the movable deck up to a distance of 340mm between movable deck and ski with a lifting strap.
Remove all the screws holding the engine cowling and slide it out the back.
You should have enough room to get to most everything you need.
Don't make the mistake I did the first time and remove the seat. That is a pain and not needed.
Another thing you can do is remove other compartment opposite the fire extinguisher.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I saw that video but it wasn't in very good detail at all. I need to get far enough into the engine to get to the MAP sensor, and check the SC hoses. One more question, Do you rinse your bilge, and if so, do you spray everything or do you only spray certain things and have to avoid others. Like I said beforr, complete noob.

Don't get me wrong, suspension is great when riding, but a pain in the butt when you have to do
some work below deck

You can get to the map sensor by just doing the rear suspension arm and removing the cowling.
The SC hoses are right there when you lift the rear and remove the cowling.
I've never rinsed out the inside except when I did maintenance, repair and oil change. After every ride I remove the plugs and 0 water comes out. I install the hose and flush the engine, then if it is going to sit for a while I will spray some fogging oil into the cylinders.

One of the three main reasons I will not own a Suspension ski,, I have yet to see one post that said something like, "The deck is so easy to remove,,,".

LOVE SeaDoo, but have no desire for the Suspension.

At any rate, I can look up how to remove it, but I am at 34,000 feet right now. Internet is good, but not good enough to download PDF Files..

Yep this is my first and probably last suspension ski. Would like someday to have matching non suspension GTX's for the wife and me. After having one of these, I also have no desire to own a spark.

Yep this is my first and probably last suspension ski. Would like someday to have matching non suspension GTX's for the wife and me. After having one of these, I also have no desire to own a spark.

You can guarantee it. First and last. I'm going to try and get a GTR for my next ski, pretty speedy, no suspension, no headaches like i'm having with the IS. And yep, after having an RXT, who wants a spark? It's like going from a lamborghini to a civic.

Oh also, what oil do you use for the RXT IS? I called 4 dealerships, all said use synthetic BRP summer oil. Manual says do not use synthetic because of SC. I dropped it off to get an oil change. Dealership put the synthetic summer oil in. Dealerships said manual is outdated and obsolete. And now i'm confused. Getting into pwc is hard.. so many things can go wrong, people don't know what they are talking about.

Some synthetic oil is specifically made for clutched items such as our SC. If you can't find that, semi-synthetic is the oil the manual says to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back