2008 Utopia 215 SE New battery all accessories work. No crank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethmo

Great forum long time lurker 1st time poster. Saturday, mid use battery died. Got it home put a new battery in and all lights horn Radio fan work but will not crank. Does not even click. It is in neutral. Checked all the fuses. All good. Bridged solenoid engines crank but wont run. My thoughts are neutral switch because it does not beep 4 times when out of neutral on start nor once it goes back into neutral. Any other ideas?

Not sure on the design of your boat but are all the battery cables hooked up? Is it possible to miss one there's a couple different positive/negative cables in many boats.

Thank you for your replies. It wont crank at all. No solenoid click. Pure silence. Battery is fully charged showing 13.4 I have checked all of the cable connections. Both check engine lights are on.

Have you tried jumping the kill switch? I'd give that a whirl and see if you can get her to fire.

The DPeS (whatever) "key"? I have not. I buckled and took it in to the dealer. My kids were leaning too many new phrases. I will report on what they say.

The DESS key is both your key and kill switch, so my idea won't work. Our boat has a separate key and kill switch. I thought yours was the same.

Let us know what the dealer comes up with.

Welp,
A stinking fuse. I was not aware that using a jump pack is a no no. I have not gotten it back yet so I do not know what fuse it was. I thought I had pulled and checked them all. Glad it was something simple, sad I could not find it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back