2008 seadoo speedster 150 water in footwell

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordyboy0129

hello there, When i took my recently bought 2008 seadoo speedster 155hp and then took it out on lake windermere about a month ago it was a blast... nice wake (excluding jet wash), very fast (54mph on gps as for the performance parts), loverly handling, overall just a great well built boat, however when we stopped and shut the engine of to get in the water and do some boarding I noticed the drain under the drivers seat started to let water in, not much just to pass infront of all the seats. I allready know quite allot about hese boats, however I did not expect that to happen. The previous owner told me that the scupper valve has just been changed. so I am unsure whether its the scupper valve has gone again. I also understand that there is a peice of plasting tubing running from the drain straight to the scupper valve. could that be blocked? do I need a new scupper? can I higher the tubing? it obviously wasent that high in the engine compartment because the bilge pump wouldent pump anything out. its just that i am used to dry boats that dont let water in appart from a open transom rib.
hope people can help
Thanks Guys!

54mph GPS - what mods to you have?

Not normal for water to come back through the outlet valve into the cabin. To simply check if it's blocked just squirt your garden hose into the cabin drain hole and see what comes out the back of the boat (outlet is on the side of the pump housing). You could also inspect the scupler valve, see if there's any debris stuck in there.

You shouldn't have to mod the pipe.

54mph GPS - what mods to you have?

Not normal for water to come back through the outlet valve into the cabin. To simply check if it's blocked just squirt your garden hose into the cabin drain hole and see what comes out the back of the boat (outlet is on the side of the pump housing). You could also inspect the scupler valve, see if there's any debris stuck in there.

You shouldn't have to mod the pipe.

Yes I'm running quite allot of mods. Solas impeller, riva racing intake grate, riva racing loads of other things, k and n air filter and k and n oil filter. 54mph GPS is fast for the 155. Yes that's what I was thinking but it's freezing temp now in England so I can't run the hose through it. At first I thought it could be a clogged up hose but just haven't had the time to check as it's been cold. I'm also going to clean the scupper. Then next summer when i put it in the water I'm going to open the engine compartment (which I dident do last time cause the luggage compartment was quite full up with gear) and check how much water is coming in and where and if the scupper is letting too much in then I might have to invest in a new one. Thanks for clarifying that for me! But the thing I can't understand is the bilge pump dident pump anything out when I had water in my feet so it's definatly not high In the engine compartment so I think it's water trapped in a blocked pipe. Thanks once again for replying :)

I can get about 49-50 mph GPS on mine but it's basically stock. I installed a Skatrack swirl impeller once cause they were supposed to have the best acceleration for water skiing. Some $600 later and no real improvement to hole shot, some mid-range and a loss of top end, I went back to the OEM.

I find that in the slightly elevated position were the bilge pump is located, about 1 bucket of water can still accumulate in the engine bay before it kicks in. It's important to tilt the Speedster on the trailer at home to get this water out of the bungs, otherwise it just sits in there. Still I don't think 1 bucket of water would be enough to flush back into the cabin and there's obviously something not right with your scupler valve.

Summer starting here in Australia. We're lucky though, we skied and boated right through winter (it doesn't get much below 20 degrees on a winter's day in Queensland!). Now it's mid to high 30s...

I can get about 49-50 mph GPS on mine but it's basically stock. I installed a Skatrack swirl impeller once cause they were supposed to have the best acceleration for water skiing. Some $600 later and no real improvement to hole shot, some mid-range and a loss of top end, I went back to the OEM.

I find that in the slightly elevated position were the bilge pump is located, about 1 bucket of water can still accumulate in the engine bay before it kicks in. It's important to tilt the Speedster on the trailer at home to get this water out of the bungs, otherwise it just sits in there. Still I don't think 1 bucket of water would be enough to flush back into the cabin and there's obviously something not right with your scupler valve.

Summer starting here in Australia. We're lucky though, we skied and boated right through winter (it doesn't get much below 20 degrees on a winter's day in Queensland!). Now it's mid to high 30s...

Yeah I I got all the water out on the slipway nice and warm from the engine to wash you feet in hahahahaha. The water in the lake that I go to has to be the cleanest. Comes from melted snow and it's 600m deep so it's never warm even when it's 30deg. I brave it right up to the bad winter though in a dry suit wakeboarding though. Look on my albums in my profile and you will see. Jealous about the weather in Australia I know loads of people in NSW so I go quite often one of them has a Seadoo speedster but the old one with the 260hp Merc v6 2stroke sips fuel like hell though the others just have bayliners (bin liners as I like to call them hahaha). We have a mastercraft x star aswell for wakeboarding and wake surfing it has the 8.1l v8 block in so it's really heavy on fuel especially with the fuel prices here but there both out the water now as we leave the mastercraft in on it's mooring at the log cabin but take it out at winter. As it is going to snow at the end of this week. I have just been talkin to my friend in Ozz and she said she is wakeboarding and I'm very jealous. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353971517.740321.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353971543.677288.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353971572.642482.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353971597.876903.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353971631.426296.jpg

Wow - great collection you have there. I'd hate to foot the registration and insurance costs here in Australia!

hello there, When i took my recently bought 2008 seadoo speedster 155hp and then took it out on lake windermere about a month ago it was a blast... nice wake (excluding jet wash), very fast (54mph on gps as for the performance parts), loverly handling, overall just a great well built boat, however when we stopped and shut the engine of to get in the water and do some boarding I noticed the drain under the drivers seat started to let water in, not much just to pass infront of all the seats. I allready know quite allot about hese boats, however I did not expect that to happen. The previous owner told me that the scupper valve has just been changed. so I am unsure whether its the scupper valve has gone again. I also understand that there is a peice of plasting tubing running from the drain straight to the scupper valve. could that be blocked? do I need a new scupper? can I higher the tubing? it obviously wasent that high in the engine compartment because the bilge pump wouldent pump anything out. its just that i am used to dry boats that dont let water in appart from a open transom rib.
hope people can help
Thanks Guys!

Wow nice collection!

54mph on your Speedster, that would be awesome, even with your wakeboard? wow... How did you achieve that in detail.. would love to hear it! I have my speedster, just broke it in, only 10 hours on it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back