2008 Seadoo Speedster 150 155hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoodarren

I bought a 2008 Seadoo Speedster 150 155hp in March this year. When first got would run good and had power through turns and was hitting 46-48mph boat had 76 hours on it. Recently now that it has about 88 hours on it has developed power loss in turns and loss of throttle response when coming out of turns, top speed has dropped to roughly 38 mph. Seems to run better at half throttle now than at full. I though that feels like a fuel pump and threw in a Quantum Fuel Supply pump but no change. Seems to be more noticeable once boat has driven for 5-10 minutes. Doesn't get any worse the longer you drive it. Oil is full and clean, spark plugs are good, and new fuel pump did not change anything. Any ideas my next thought was inspecting the impeller?

What's your general elevation? Also what kind of rpms are you getting? Does it max out at all?

I have a 2011 with the 155hp and I'm having similar problems. Some people tell me it's my elevation but I rarely hit 40 mph and I've checked nearly everything . And my rpms top at 6800 under load.

I'm in Missouri elevation around 500-700'. My rpms are dropping severe in turn especially if I run it straight wide open only reaching 38 mph at 6400 rpm then going into turn at full speed its will bog down to around 3500 rpm at 12mph. Engine idles smooth no hints of a misfire and as plugs did not change anything. Tried a new fuel pump w/o checking pressure first and it did not change anything...does the regulator that is on top the module ever go bad on these? I am going to rig up a fuel pressure gauge on it and try it but no idea what the fuel pressure spec is supposed to be anyone know? Anyone ever seen one that when you turn at good speed engine bogs down and loses almost all power then hesitates to take back off about 10 seconds.

Last edited:
I tend to get this when the turn brings the boat bellow planing speed, but 35MPH is way above planing speed. has it always done this? or is this a new problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back