2008 Seadoo challenger 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iabuobayda

Greetings All,

I have recently bought a 2008 Seadoo 230 Challenger 155 twin engines. The boat was under the sun here in our country (UAE - Dubai) for a period of two years.

I am renovating the boat interior as it’s all damaged. Exterior I am doing paint touch ups with full body polish. For the engines, I have removed both with the pump to do major service.

I want to install a GPS & a fish finder with chart plotter. I have searched EBay for Lawrance & Garmin GPS, chart plotter & fish finder. I want your advice which is better for my boat Lawrance Elite-7 CHIRP Fish finder/Chart plotter or New Garmin echo MAP 74dv GPS Combo. I am not a professional fisherman but with the Garmin there is an option for a side sonar with the down one. Is it really useful or no need. Where is the best place to put my device on the dashboard.

My gages (speed o meter, RPM depth) are fading what I can do to restore them.

As this is my first boat how can I operate this boat and what to do & not to do? I did not find the operating/owner manual.

I am planning to do 40 hours maintenance by myself (the oil change, oil filter & spark plugs), if there is also more things to check please advice. If you can tell me what tolls is required for such maintenance.
I will be very thankful for your replies.
Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• family 354.JPG
    family 354.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • family 355.JPG
    family 355.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
  • family 356.JPG
    family 356.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • family 357.JPG
    family 357.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • family 358.JPG
    family 358.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
I took my gauges and used a acrylic polish for headlights. It got them were I could see the instruments. I too been investigating where to put a GPS/Fishfinder. I think the best solution is to find the decisions and mock a cardboard cut out. Then place the mock GPS in different locations. When I get to that stage I will be posting pictures here: http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?80162-SC-NC-Intercoastal-Water-Way-Trip-Plan

Owner's manuals can found on this website if you a premium member. http://www.seadooforum.com/manuals.php

And I was foolish enough to believe the sun was bad in Florida. Unfortunately that is more than sun damage. In the USA we call it neglect. Good luck on your project and keep us informed on your progress. Lorance or Garmin, toss a coin, they both perform.

Last edited by a moderator:
i will do, the sun here is very very hot and i admit the previous owner neglected the boat.

i will be posting new pic after finishing all the works on it :)

thanks all for passing by.

Which GPS/depth combination will give you accurate depth measurements all the way up to top speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back