2008 Seadoo Challenger 180 se - Radio Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoldbaseball

Hello folks. I just purchased this less than 2 days ago. The guy mentions it may be a bad fuse or a wire got disconnected.

So I have replaced both fuses on the radio and under the captain's chair. Still no joy. Everything else works great on the boat from what I can see and did on the test run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you getting power to the radio at all? Have you checked the circuit breakers under the helm?

Yes, I got the tester out. Power is also live at the cig lighter. You mean the fuses on the sidewall under the captain helm? I swapped them to be safe. Also I checked the fuses at the back by the battery.. Also I seen a breaker with an arm on it by battery turn off switch. I pressed and reset that to be safe still nothing.

You mean the fuses on the sidewall under the captain helm? I swapped them to be safe.

Under the helm of our 210, we have a circuit breaker panel like the pic below. These are breakers, not fuses. I was asking if you checked because I assumed your boat had the same and you can see there's a breaker for the stereo.

If you're saying you have power to the radio, then it's not an issue with a breaker.

1587982329653.png

My radio is intermittent in my 180 and after looking everything over, I think it is the head unit itself. I have power to everything and sometimes it just decides not to work for awhile then magically comes back on. It is the strangest thing, but we don't use it much so no big deal right now. Please post what you find as I think we are in the same boat on this one and if it turns out to be something simple I overlooked, that is much better than installing a whole other head unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back