2008 Sea Doo Wake 215 will crank weakly but wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacjohnston99

I have a 2008 Wake 215. I was in the water and riding around for a little. Later after doing some circles (and water came over top) I tried to start it but it wouldn't start. It acted like the battery was dead but we tried to jump it with a battery pack still nothing. We had it towed back. Took battery to advanced auto parts and it was good. It cranks for a little bit really sluggishly and then stops after a couple seconds. Seems like battery is dead, but it is good. I checked the jet pump for something jammed in, but I did not see anything. Also changed the spark plugs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Here is a video of what it is doing.

https://youtu.be/1QRoFSbardM

Pull the spark plugs and then turn it over. Check and make sure the impeller is clear of junk, stick and rope.

Also, check the battery after it sits over night. Don't check the battery right after having on the charger.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2008 Wake 215. I was in the water and riding around for a little. Later after doing some circles (and water came over top) I tried to start it but it wouldn't start. It acted like the battery was dead but we tried to jump it with a battery pack still nothing. We had it towed back. Took battery to advanced auto parts and it was good. It cranks for a little bit really sluggishly and then stops after a couple seconds. Seems like battery is dead, but it is good. I checked the jet pump for something jammed in, but I did not see anything. Also changed the spark plugs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Here is a video of what it is doing.

https://youtu.be/1QRoFSbardM

Water could have got into a cylinder. Pull all plugs, crank over, see if water comes out. Would hydro lock engine and make it crank sluggish.

Pull the spark plugs and then turn it over. Check and make sure the impeller is clear of junk, stick and rope.

Also, check the battery after it sits over night. Don't check the battery right after having on the charger.
Thanks, I pulled the spark plugs out and turned it over. It seemed to be much better, and I took the intake grate off and there nothing by the impeller

Before putting the spark plugs back in to see if it runs I would suggest checking the top dead center of each piston. If you bent a rod while you were trying to start it while it was hydro locked that rod could come apart when it fires up. The result could be a big old hole in the crank case. If the rod is bent it's best to find out before destroying the block or crank case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back