2008 RXT-X 255 Suddenly not Starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kauthmar

Hey everyone,

New here, hoping to get an answer to my question to avoid taking my jetski to the dealer and maybe fix it myself.

I have a 2008 RXT-X with ~100 hours logged on it. I took it out of storage recently to get it ready to go for the summer. Charged up the battery (I believe it was the original), noticed it wasn't holding much charge, but popped it in anyway and started up the jetski in the driveway. Decided to exchange this battery for a brand new one that could hold a full charge and installed the brand new battery. Engaged the key with this new battery and gauges came on, and the jetski gave a low fuel warning. Now, however, when we try to start it, we push the button and nothing happens. No clicks, no attempts from the engine to start, nothing. Has anybody here had this issue or heard of it? Is it a solenoid or relay problem, or is this new battery to blame? Plugs are fine, no obvious corrosion, but haven't checked anything else. The jetski isn't giving any warnings (gassed it up after the low fuel warning). It's never had any real problems before other than corroded plugs 2-3 years ago, and water in the gas tank after my buddy flipped it after I first bought it in 08. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

--Mark

My first thought is that you dont have a good connection at the battery or you blew the fuse. Thats it. You probably dont have anything serious wrong. I think its a 10 amp mini fuse for the solenoid.

Hey everyone,

New here, hoping to get an answer to my question to avoid taking my jetski to the dealer and maybe fix it myself.

I have a 2008 RXT-X with ~100 hours logged on it. I took it out of storage recently to get it ready to go for the summer. Charged up the battery (I believe it was the original), noticed it wasn't holding much charge, but popped it in anyway and started up the jetski in the driveway. Decided to exchange this battery for a brand new one that could hold a full charge and installed the brand new battery. Engaged the key with this new battery and gauges came on, and the jetski gave a low fuel warning. Now, however, when we try to start it, we push the button and nothing happens. No clicks, no attempts from the engine to start, nothing. Has anybody here had this issue or heard of it? Is it a solenoid or relay problem, or is this new battery to blame? Plugs are fine, no obvious corrosion, but haven't checked anything else. The jetski isn't giving any warnings (gassed it up after the low fuel warning). It's never had any real problems before other than corroded plugs 2-3 years ago, and water in the gas tank after my buddy flipped it after I first bought it in 08. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

--Mark

welcome to the forum!!

which kind of battery did you get?? was it OEM or something like a walmart brand battery?

make sure obviously the new battery is fully charged.. then move onto the connection.. make sure you have a tight, bare metal to metal connection for the wires.. clean up the DESS stalk and the key... if the problem still

i hope you are planning a supercharger rebuild soon?? seams like your at that mark.

Do be sure you have all the connections at the battery posts, not sure if there are any small gauge wires that attach to the posts with the large gauge cables. Also be sure you got a filled and charged battery.

Sounds like the new battery wasn't fully charged. Pull it out... don't leave it in the ski for an initial charge! Put it on a trickle for several hours or overnight and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back