2008 RXP-X Overheating & 2004 RXP Oil Level Funky After Rebuilds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Conner

I have an 08 RXP and my close friend has an 04 RXP. Together we just built both of the motors and are having some issues. The 08 got a BRP factory rebuilt long block and the 04 was completely gone thru to clean out metal left over from a previous owner SC implosion. We did our work together and were meticulous about replacing any damaged oil pumps or other defective parts. They both start and run perfect, but the 08 wants to overheat and blow coolant out the overflow hose. The 04 has had no issues with coolant. We filled both of them up at assembly, bleeding at the ride plate drain, and the coolant level hasn't budged on the 04. I thought the 08 may have air in the system, so we have tried several times to re-top up the coolant, but to no avail. After a little brisk riding, it starts blowing coolant out the overflow tank hose.

The problem with the 04 is related to oil level showing (actually NOT showing) on the dipstick. When we assembled that engine we knew it was completely dry. We added one gallon and then took the boat out for testing. It showed an oil light after a bit, so we checked the level and it didn't show on the dipstick, so adding another quart seemed like the solution. After warming the engine up and waiting 30 seconds, it still didn't show on the dipstick! We added another 1/2 quart and still nothing on the dipstick. Where in the heck is the oil going? It is not coming out the exhaust and the bilge is clean. It still won't show on the dipstick after sitting overnight.

I would sincerely appreciate any thoughts on these two issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back