2008 RXP 215 easy mods/upgrades

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

astronomy

Hey all, I ride here in florida around clearwater beach and old tampa bay and I was just hoping to get some tips on simple aftermarket upgrades I can do to a stock 08 RXP X 215 hp to boost performance, air filters? oil? fuel boost/additives? props? intake/loaders? links to an aftermarket manufacturer. anything anyone has that may be a help is appreciated. Thanks and anyone from the tampa area let me know who you are..Peace.

sorry for the new thread after looking it's the same as all the rest lol anyway still lookin for fellow tampa riders

Hey, there is a section in the regional forums for Florida, and quite a few Tampa members. We actually just sponsored an event in St. Pete, just before the Skyway Bridge.

For upgrading your RXP, PWCMuscle has some great kits to start you off.

They have 3 packages or stages that they suggest. Check them out and let us know what you think.

http://pwcmuscle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4
http://pwcmuscle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5
http://pwcmuscle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6

cool thanks Joez I've seen some of that riva stuff been interested but just didn't know if it's really worth it. I mean the top speed is already pretty cool but a little more........ "gone now" would be sweet. and I'll check out that regional forum next chance.

Top speed and accelleration are compromises of impeller pitch. The increased power from these mods will definitely get you more "seat of your pants" feeling, beyond just increasing overall top end.

yeah that's perfect I'd probably just piece it together it's only a difference of like 45 bucks for the kit. Look at those stage 3 top speeds, thats crazy fast! wipeout at those speeds and your done. heck anything around 50 probably. I can install these in any order? I would want the filter kit first then the wedge or maybe these at the same time.

You can install pretty much all of the stage 1 parts in any order. I wouldn't install parts from other packages in just any order though...some are designed to work best with other things done first.

Depends on how much you want to spend really. Read the description of the parts on the first stage page and pick from there.

for intake you can use kanaflex and your choice of filter, must get a 4" adapter if youre going with that size. its the cheapest intake that I know off. I bought a used riva intake that costed me about the same.
some people have gutted their waterbox to gain some performance and added a free flowing pipe. seems to work fine for some and its not that expensive. again I found a riva box from someone for good price.
FizzleXS sells a nice external intercooler that it would be very good for you since you dont have that. or just get a stock one of someones RXPX model for cheaper price.
trim the reverse bucket, some say it helps some say it doenst, what ta hell it was free and few minutes of my time. if you look at your reverse bucket you will see that the edge in middle kinda gets in the way of nozzle. there is a perfect curve on it that you follow and trim, looks like factory if your good with dremel.
fill the ride plate holes, not sure if that really works or not some swear they gained a bit top end. if you look at your ride plate and where the bolts are, there are basily holes that supposedly drag the boat. who knows if thats true or not I doubt it but again its cheap. there should be a DIY somewhere online how to do it, some rope and whatever filler people use to smooth it out.
groco strainer to go with intercooler, filters coolant so your IC stays clean and lasts longer. they are cheap online
also riva makes a catch can, some have made their own and didnt cost them a whole lot. again I bought a used one online that didnt costed me much.
you can add skegs to your ride plate, should make the boat handle a bit better. I have them for sale new not used as I bought a riva plate and wont be needing them
you can remove that filter element out of your intake manifold and that should give you supposedly a 1lbs of boost. you have to remove the intake manifold and go thru throttle body, kinda pain to do it but its cheaper that riva kit that drills it from other side.
im sure im missing something

Hey all, I ride here in florida around clearwater beach and old tampa bay and I was just hoping to get some tips on simple aftermarket upgrades I can do to a stock 08 RXP X 215 hp to boost performance, air filters? oil? fuel boost/additives? props? intake/loaders? links to an aftermarket manufacturer. anything anyone has that may be a help is appreciated. Thanks and anyone from the tampa area let me know who you are..Peace.

Hey dude not being a smart@$$ but if the ski your asking about is the one in the avatar and the one your speaking of (215) then it's not an x boat. All X boats since introduced in 08 are 255 hp..

Anyhow there are tons of guys that I ride with that are from Tampa and close by, there are always rides near you on the Peace river ( actually Arcadia) but close to you. Alot of them come east my way and ride the Kissimee all the time, we ride 40 miles one way up the kissimee. Fun/fast ride lots of hairpin turns at wot...The peace river closer to you is pretty wild too.

Another ride close to you is Dunedin , guys meet at the causeway out there and ride like a 50 mile ride around the island (offshore wot , fun!)

yeah I thought I fixed that a month ago, it just says RXP on my view anyhow, thanks for the info on those runs maybe I'll look more into that. Haven't been on any lakes or rivers yet, just ocean and bay. Bet you get a lot more opportunity to open the throttle on a lake ..lol

All I have is my iPhone for now. I need to find the Florida form so I can meet fellow riders.

Slug-O

Hi from Australia. I have same Jetski. Recently did some small upgrades cost me $2500.
Ski goes so much better now and I'm happy with it.
Replaced standard impella with a solas 14/19r
Replaced standard supercharger with a light weight magnesium alloy type that give 11 lb boost
Soon to change standard intake grate as well.
0-70 mph in about 7 seconds.
See video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KsJIi-fxwM&sns=em
Regards Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back