2008 Islandia Twin Engine Control Conversion

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whodat18

Does anyone know if its possible to convert a 2008 Islandia with the 215 SC Rotax engines from a single throttle to a duel throttle control? I found a three lever control off google below.

Seadoo.PNG

Don’t see why you couldn’t change out. Both are cable driven, and just have to change out the 1 in to 2 cable (not the cable name) etc.

I’m curious as to what the benefit is or what you’re hoping for by changing from single to dual?

Better control while at slower speeds. We had a Yamaha exciter several years ago and it was duel control which was also a lot of fun. I'm not sure if I'm going to convert it yet or not.. Was just a thought

Thanks for the response DooGuy

The Yamaha are nice with independent buckets too, allows for splitting the sticks. With the Doos though because the buckets are linked you can’t lift one etc. I get you’d have a slightly better slow speed with being able to idle one etc but can tell you from limping home on one engine, having the same rpms for both has been easier maneuvering with the Doo. I’m all for stuff for better control, just Not sure you’d get your money’s worth doing the throttle. Might be able to add jet fins for use as rudders. If you do change over let us know, I’d be interested

You make a very good point... So over the last couple weeks, I've decided to try the fins.. Found some on Ebay...
Hopefully will get it back in the water this Sunday!!

I’m curious how big of improvement the fins will be. I’d imagine pretty decent at low speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back