2008 gtx 155 wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vroomZOOM

Hello

I am new to this forum but not new to boats. I am new to the rotax efi stuff though. Recently I bought this 08 gtx 155 dirt cheap, for like a third of what it sells out here (of course, knowing that it will need a lot of tlc and work and stuff, this is why I buy boats, but this time I decided to try a seadoo). Well, I tried to start it today, charged up the questionable battery, put the key on the post and got a long beep. Well, I then put it on and off etc till it finally gave me two short beeps after putting it on for like the tenth time. Ok, I got that figured out. I hit the starter button, something clicked, and then nothing. I took the key off and then back on and now it doesn't even beep. The display that I also broke trying to pry it out of its case came on all the time. What do I do now? Is there any kind of torrent for some diagnostic software I could use on this thing? What kind of wire and connector would I need for this seadoo. I looked all over my free :D seadoo service manual, and anywhere I look, it says to connect the diagnostic software. Ugh...

Ok, what wires do I have to test from the dess post? I swear I could jump your boat without a key in 15 seconds if I knew which wires go where if I wanted to steal it XD

So I am making progress... I connected another battery in parallel, and now I get two beeps when I put the key on. I hit the starter button, and I hear a starter noise for about a second, then it stops, even if I keep holding the button. what is going on? I will be getting a new battery anyways soon.

Well, I am not an expert but the DESS post is definitely something to look at. These post always fail after some time. They are not hard to replace.

Second thing, I supposed you checked the solenoid? Have you also checked that the engine is not seized? Have you tried to crank without the park plugs on?

Well I put a new battery in it and it fired right up after sitting about a year. I have a few issues though. first of all, when I fired it up on the trailer I hear a rattling metallic noise from the jet drive. I decided to take it out for a drive anyway, and the engine surges up and down at times, as if a cylinder or two are dropping out. it goes well for a second, then surges down, then up again, regardless of rpm. after riding it for half an hour, it got much better. Yes the fuel is kinda old n' junky probably, but could there be anything else causing the problem. It seems like the more I ride, the better it gets. the ski has quite a bit of torque from a standing start, and after it accelerates hard that is when the cylinders start dropping out.

I cant quite tell if I hit max speed b/c my ins. cluster is busted by me ($700 mistake). is there any scrapyard where i can get a used one cheaper?

ooo... is there a classifieds section for parts and stuff? who are these dudes? I need quite a bit of parts

I would eliminate the old fuel from your diagnostic equation first. I would also start with new plugs as well to eliminate from your equation.

Look for the solenoid, you should see one main wire coming off going to the starter, then on the opposite post in a terminal link coming out going to the fuse box. There should also be two smaller wires on that same terminal coming out of that link. Those wires in that link will corrode and cause your problem. To fix this, take two more wires about the same size and put a terminal on the end that will fit the solenoid, then tap it into those two wires. hook everything up and it will all work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back