2008 Challenger SE 430hp?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokstarr7

hey guys im looking into buying my first seadoo boat and i really like the 230 challenger (310hp). i cant seem to figure out the difference between the 230 and 230 se. they are exactly the same when compared on dealer websites but the pirce is about 4k more for the se. also this is my first jet boat, any advice?:)

The difference between 230 and 230 Se

I believe the differnce is Se comes with 430 hp, carpet, table. I see your in hemet, practically neighbors. Good luck, let me know if you get the 230.

trying to decide

Im still trying to decide between the 230 challenger se 310 or 430. the dealer said i would have to special order a 310 because no dealership in california has ordered them. so my question is A. is this true? and B. is there a big difference in acceleration and speed between the two? i had a 20ft bayliner that put out 215 horsepower and i was happy with a top speed of 45-50.
im afraid to pay 5,000 extra for the 430 when i could be satisfied with the 310
if any one has has taken the 310 out fully loaded with 12 people iwould like to know how it performed. thanks

No dealer!....

So, no dealer has ordered it.....I think that's a line of crock.
You don't seem like a stranger to boats, so if I may offer my two cents. The Challenger is equipped with the standard twin engine 155 hp Rotax, 1503 4-TEC, naturally aspirated engines, with a combined output of 310 hp. This would be my choice in the Challenger model. In my opinion, it's the best for your money.
The Challenger SE gives you a choice of 2 different engine configurations. You can choose the twin 215 hp Rotax, 1503 4-TEC, supercharged engines for a combined output of 430 hp. Or the same 155 hp engine configuration of the standard Challenger model.
The Rotax 155 engine in my opinion is going to be your best buy for the buck. Only because the 215 hp has the supercharger. I'm just not a big fan of the supercharger because it adds another system to the engine, which in turn, adds something else you have to take care of. There have been some problems associated with the ceramic thrust washers on them, but I think for the most part, they have been worked out. The standard model and the supercharged model will give you basically the same speed, since the coast guard has mandated that watercraft are limited to 70 mph. Come to think of it, that's a mandate for the PWC's, I don't know if that applies to boats or not. But for me, my Challenger with the 787cc is plenty fast enough. It's a 1997 model and today, while out in the bay, I was taking 3 and 4 foot swells, that launched me 6 to 8 feet out of the water.....man, what a ride!....
The decision of which model is solely based on your opinion on what you think you need in a boat. But performance wise. I think the 310 hp is not under-rated for that boat.............Good luck!....:cheers:

almost there

it looks like i made a deal to get the 230 se 430hp for the same price as the 310hp. now i want to know how the 430hp is on gas. does the super charger eat up gas? and does it require 91 octane?

Great deal!....

If you got the upgrade to the SC...for the same price?.......wow, good going.
To answer your questions, yes, it does require 91 octane and it will consume about 18 gallons per hour at wide open throttle. I don't have the specific specs on the 2008 Challenger, but the fuel consumption comes from a 2007 1503 SC 4-TEC of your same design. But you'll have twin engines, so that will equal roughly about 30 gph total. I think if you vary the throttle a good bit, your gas mileage will increase substantially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back