2008 Challenger 180SE Windshield

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwirch

I have a Challenger 180SE so it has a windshield. I'm wondering what it came with if it didn't have a windshield (like on the non SE model). As much as I like the windshield I think it takes away from the look of the boat a little and it's also right in my line of vision so I also sit and look a little below through the glass or just above over top of the glass. I'm considering taking it off but don't know what would replace it or where to get them since I don't even know what they are called. Any ideas?

Oh that sucks .. I wish the seat would move up and down then because it's smack in my line of vision. Would you happen to know if the wind screens mount in the same hole locations as the windshields if I were to happen to track them down? They do look like they sit lower so I would be looking over it which is fine with me.

i was at the dealer the other day and they had an 08 model and it appeared to have a pad on the seat that lifts your a$$ up about a foot and puts the wind in your hair. i no what ya mean tho my windshield is even worse cuz i have it tinted. but ima look into one of those booster seats

I may be wrong but this boat probly does at least 50 mph and if you remove wind shild your eyes will dry out and water quickly. you can allways wear a set of goggles. lol :hat:

As of today I no longer have our Challenger .. it was into the shop for the second time and they blew the motor on the test drive. They are replacing it with a Speedster 200 310hp model. Well, sort of replacing it, I agreed to pay $4k more that I already paid and get the new boat. I pitched a fit at the dealer on Monday about it being broken twice with only 4 hours on the boat. The dealer isn't exactly close either, about an hour each way.

I may be wrong but this boat probly does at least 50 mph and if you remove wind shild your eyes will dry out and water quickly. you can allways wear a set of goggles. lol :hat:

seriously. this is the year 2008 50 mph wind is like a summer breeze to our generation:rofl:

As of today I no longer have our Challenger .. it was into the shop for the second time and they blew the motor on the test drive. They are replacing it with a Speedster 200 310hp model. Well, sort of replacing it, I agreed to pay $4k more that I already paid and get the new boat. I pitched a fit at the dealer on Monday about it being broken twice with only 4 hours on the boat. The dealer isn't exactly close either, about an hour each way.

do you think you enjoy the speedster more than you would have the challenger? i often wonder the same.

i have to drive a half hour to my nearest seadoo dealer too for crappy service. the next closest one is over 2 hours.

but any ways did your speedster come with a windsheild or dont they offer them on those models? i cant remember

I pick up our Speedster Saturday. It's got "wind screens". No windshields with little flip up things to direct the bugs directly into your eyes. lol. I think I'll like them about the same. Interior wise they are pretty much the same except it doesn't dip down on the front like the Challenger (which always got water over the bow) and has twin engines. My wife was adamant about two engines so that if something happens to one then we still have another. The dealer was pushing me to the Utopia 210 with twin 215's but they also wanted me to fork out $12k more for that one. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I didn't look when I was there but I don't think the Speedster has depth guage and water temp guage like the Challenger which was really nice. I'll have a little more piece of mind since we'll be launching most of the time on the Niagara River. Also the front of the boats is different. The Challenger was flat across the front and took waves a little hard and as I said before the water always came over the top so even though there were seats up front it wasn't dry. When they took me out on the 430hp Speedster it was very different up front and the water didn't come over and it seems much smoother going through the waves. It had a WHOLE LOT MORE get up than my Challenger though but I'm getting a 310 model not the 430 they took me out in.

I'm not sure how accurate the guage is on the dash but as we rounded Strawberry Island with the tech driving it showed 52mph when the engine poured out smoke and died. Sounded like a bunch of wrenches thrown into a laundry machine. I scared the crap out of me. We got towed back to the marina by another tech. I'm kind of glad it did because he was running 8000rpm with only 4 hours on the boat and I was told not to go over 6000 for the first 10 hours. I always wear sunglasses when I'm out but I'm guessing on the Speedster I'm going to get bugs in the face. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back