2008 Challenger 180 Gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomcat619

Hi,

First post!

Just picked up a new to me Challenger 180 (215hp).

Took it out yesterday and only the tach works. When lanyard is connected, everything on the dash lights up.

Temp, speed, fuel, warnings (including all beeps) don’t seem to work. I’ve researched fuel sending unit, etc, but fuel gauge doesn’t even read empty, speedometer not at 0.

I’m new to this boat but fairly handy, I’m just not exactly sure where to start.

Any thoughts?59958768-253B-48C7-A112-36082BF5B17A.jpegF3A26C70-2764-41DD-A597-6F14CF2B08B6.jpeg

Last edited:
Bump...

I’ve checked fuses, everything seems to be okay. Anyone encountered something like this?

I’ve seen a ton of threads about gauges, but nothing really like this.

Seems guage problems are more difficult to diagnose. There are always random questions on guage issues where they partially work and never really an answer why. I wish you luck other than throwing parts at it....

New question - I replaced the bilge pump on this boat and couldn't get it to work with dash switch. Just ran straight to battery with an inline fuse and toggle switch.

Thoughts on there being a correlation with the gauges not working?

Also, anyone know where the beeper is on this boat? I get no beeps at any time.

Wondering/hoping/scared that all of these issues are related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back