2008 4 tec 215 continuous beep even after removing key

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to take compression readings to see if I need to remove the head. Plugs out and connected to coils to also check for spark. As soon as I plug the key in I get a solid beep that continues for a minute even after removing the key. Any ideas?
As I spin the starter, LOTS of raw gasoline is blasting out of the forward most spark plug hole

Last edited:
Pull your fuel rail and see what it does when you put the key on and crank it. Have seen plenty of bad ECUs dump fuel from an injector.

I am trying to take compression readings to see if I need to remove the head. Plugs out and connected to coils to also check for spark. As soon as I plug the key in I get a solid beep that continues for a minute even after removing the key. Any ideas?
As I spin the starter, LOTS of raw gasoline is blasting out of the forward most spark plug hole
Thank you to all who contributed ideas. I figured it out. There was a hole in my exhaust manifold! Ordered replacement and all will be well

Attachments

• 3BD4C154-DA1E-47E4-8670-6C03EADF0A62.jpeg
    3BD4C154-DA1E-47E4-8670-6C03EADF0A62.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 7
The problems you describe are not caused by a hole in the exhaust manifold. You do know that water is mixed with the exhaust which helps cool and quiet the exhaust system under exhaust pressure in a water jacketed manifold, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back