2008 155hp Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

FivePits

New to SeaDoo. Always had Yamaha. Looking to purchase a 2008 SeaDoo 155hp Speedster, fresh water, 140 hours, no Bimini, new solas prop, 11x19, a solas wear ring,new bearings and seals on the jet drive. And a new carbon seal on the drive shaft. full clean and lube of all the mechanicals. New battery. New battery. Perfect trailer. Alittle faded on back deck. 2 seats with seam rips. Asking $8000. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

sounds like a good buy as long as the impeller & ring is good. I'd definitely take it for a test drive and do a visual inspection of the jet pump with a flash light- crawl underneath and look up into the grate to inspect the impeller, and look through the back to see the wear ring. I just bought the same boat- the guy said he just replaced the impeller & ring- I was in a rush and got totally screwed. here's what my "new" prop & ring looked like after I got the boat home and found it had really bad acceleration- now I'm out $1k for a new pump, impeller & ring :( the engine & boat is in great shape. 150+ psi in all 3 cylinders, glossy gelcoat, decent vinyl... I paid $6k and ended up putting another $1k into pump repairs.

Attachments

• seadoo (6).jpg
    seadoo (6).jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 21
  • seadoo (12).jpg
    seadoo (12).jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 21
HI, Thanks for the response. Also looking at a 2005 speedster 150 155hp. Is that engine intercooled? does it need to be flushed? I can not locate a straight answer. Only that the 215SC is inctercooled.

HI, Thanks for the response. Also looking at a 2005 speedster 150 155hp. Is that engine intercooled? does it need to be flushed? I can not locate a straight answer. Only that the 215SC is inctercooled.

the 05 & 08 155 models are basically identical.
no- the 155 is not intercooled. intercoolers are used on engines with turbo / superchargers to cool the incoming air before combustion... not to be confused with open or closed-loop engine cooling. the 155 4-tec rotax is closed loop cooling- in other words, the engine uses antifreeze to cool the engine via heat exchange unit (radiator) that uses lake water to remove heat, vs. drawing fresh cool water from the lake (instead of antifreeze) and circulating around the hot engine components and exiting back into the lake (open cooling)
the only purpose of flushing would be limited to the jet pump- if it was used in salt water for example, you could run fresh water through the pump to remove the salt from the jet pump components- but the engine itself remains untouched by the salt water because it's a closed loop system with antifreeze. ;)

Last edited:
Back