2007 speedster 155hp problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther

Hey guys I'm new too the forum! Anyways I bought a 07 speedster 150 with the 155hp and it has 53 hours was a extremely clean looking. Started sounded great but I bought it in winter and didn't run in water due too it being winterized. Anyway it was nice up here and I took it for a short river run just too see how she ran. When I did it started and ran fine at a idle but it would not get above 6000 Rpms. And the speedo said 30 mph was the fastest I could get. Just seemed like something was holding it back. Where should I start? It almost had a full tank of fuel from last season would old fuel cause this or a bad plug? Also no check engine light was on and there was a pretty strong fuel smell. Thanks in advance for any advice!

First thing I would do is replace the spark plugs, I would almost bet this is your problem. These engines are very finicky about plugs and many people have this problem every year. One of the cylinders is probably missing which is why you are not getting full RPM's

I replace my plugs once a year after the first start up and after the fogging oil is burned off. The fogging oil can foul the plugs. Get a set of NGK or Denzo and install them carefully using dielectric grease and anti-sieze.

You took a risk buying this boat without a test drive but hopefully this simple fix will work. Congratulations on the new boat , though, and welcome to the forum!

Post back and let us know if this worked or if we need to dig a bit deeper.

Okay will do! I took it too a good boat mechanic he is pumping old fuel out and changing plugs and checking compression from what I've read it sounds like plugs to me also! Thanks alot and I will let you know soon as he gets then changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back