2007 Seadoo GTI No Power Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregZ19

I am in the process of restoring a 2007 Seadoo GTI and have no power at all, no beep, no lights on gauges, no relay clicking, nothing.

We have checked the following by swapping parts to a working 2006 gti.

- ECU
- Dess Switch
- Battery (12.7 V)

We also pulled and checked the following grounds.

- main battery ground to block, 18mm bolt
- (5) 10 mm grounds to block

Are there any grounds we are missing? The 2006 has two small ground wires to the battery negative and the 2007 does not. Is this correct? Are we missing any grounds?

What could cause the no power issue? It seems like it may be a ground issue because there is absolutely no power/ no relay clicking accept to the 2 30 amp fuse locations by the main relay.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

There is also 12V on the relay ground bus bar. (3 prong ground bus bar in the same fuse block as the (2) 30 amp main fuses.) is this normal? Not sure why there would be voltage on a ground bus?

How did you test the DESS switch? Also, do you have two keys? Also, even without a key, I believe the display should come on when you press the start button.

We tested the dess switch by swapping the switch to another 2006 GTI. It worked perfect. Yes we have two keys and tried them both. We get nothing no power to anything even if the start button is pressed a few times.

We also tested continuity between the black wire/ black with yellow tracer with key on and key off. When key is in we get closed circuit, when key is off we get open circuit. Dess switch seems to be fine.

+ to - battery voltage should be the same as + battery to a block ground, if it isn’t bad ground or corroded wire somewhere and could be a corroded red wire also, not just the ground locations. Last time no power situation was the 30 amp relay in the fuse box.

Thanks for the reply. I will check battery - to block ground when I get home later. I had a spare relay in the garage and tried it with no luck. Just ordered another one relay and it will be here on Friday. I’ll give it a try and report back with an update.

Okay guys, update here. I replaced the main relay with an OEM replacement and still no luck. We are getting battery voltage at the ground bus in the main relay fuse block. Any idea why that would be?

Pic 1: IMG_1497.HEIC

Pic 2: IMG_1566.HEIC

Exact same problem appeared on my 07 RXT 215 this weekend. Tested 4-wire DESS switch ok, verified 12V on 30A fuses in Fuse Box #2. Testing main relay this evening.

Still having the same problem. Going through the harness connector by connector to see if I can find the issue.

Still having the same problem. Going through the harness connector by connector to see if I can find the issue.

Update: disconnected and reseated all connectors. Still nothing. Tested brand new relay and it tested good. I jumped pins 30 and 87 and get battery voltage to all fuses at the main fuse box but don’t hear fuel pump prime? Gauges get power but just all 8’s across the dash and Sea-Doo on the bottom do it doesn’t appear to be communicating with the ECU? Seems like the ECU isn’t getting power. How can I test this?

Update: disconnected and reseated all connectors. Still nothing. Tested brand new relay and it tested good. I jumped pins 30 and 87 and get battery voltage to all fuses at the main fuse box but don’t hear fuel pump prime? Gauges get power but just all 8’s across the dash and Sea-Doo on the bottom do it doesn’t appear to be communicating with the ECU? Seems like the ECU isn’t getting power. How can I test this?

Update #2: we have battery voltage to pin b11 at the B ECU connector and confirmed continuity between the grounds pins b1, b2, b32 and b41. IMG_2078.JPGIMG_2079.JPGIMG_2080.JPG

Main relay tested bad. Ordered a new one. Will update.

New Main Relay arrived late last night. 8 p.m. delivery from Amazon. Better late than never I guess. Bench tested new relay, heard the click, measured continuity. Installed new relay in ski, fired right up. Strange I just replaced that relay last year while troubleshooting a failed Starter Solenoid. I know way too much about the electrical starting system of this beast now. DESS, Solenoids, Relays, fuses, wires....jeeze!

Update #2: we have battery voltage to pin b11 at the B ECU connector and confirmed continuity between the grounds pins b1, b2, b32 and b41. View attachment 44475View attachment 44476View attachment 44477

Nice work! I got off easy with the Main Relay. Wish I could help with yours but sounds like you're on the right track. At some point you may just have to get a new/neused ECM or find someone with BUDS or CANDOO software to check it out.

Have you checked the T.O.P.S sensor
I now it counts off the engine but imagine it would kill all the electrics

Is the ECU and LCD gauge original ??

Have you checked the T.O.P.S sensor
I now it counts off the engine but imagine it would kill all the electrics

Is the ECU and LCD gauge original ??

Where is the tops sensor located? Did some searching online with no luck. And yep the ecu and lcd are original.

ok i was correct TOPS NEXT TO FUSE BOX.
I have attached the copy of manual for testing , unfortunatelytops 1.PNGtops 2.PNGtops 2.PNG pics are not too clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back