2007 rxp oil??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

davethebrave

I have a 2007 sea doo RXP 215 supercharged. Sea doo oil is rather expensive, so i was wondering if there was an alternative oil to run in this jet ski. I do believe that castrol manufactures sea doo brand oil, so is there are a cheaper alternative that I wont have to order online? thanks!!!!

I have a 2007 sea doo RXP 215 supercharged. Sea doo oil is rather expensive, so i was wondering if there was an alternative oil to run in this jet ski. I do believe that castrol manufactures sea doo brand oil, so is there are a cheaper alternative that I wont have to order online? thanks!!!!

Valvoline 10w40 4stroke motorcycle oil.

$3-$5 a quart.

----------very important---------( 4stroke motorcycle oil )

alright thanks, I use the same stuff in my atvs. for my RXP, i removed the bolt on top of the oil filter canister, but the cap thats on top is stuck. ive tried pulling it off, but the thing barely budges. is there a special way to doing it?

alright thanks, I use the same stuff in my atvs. for my RXP, i removed the bolt on top of the oil filter canister, but the cap thats on top is stuck. ive tried pulling it off, but the thing barely budges. is there a special way to doing it?

I use a hawks bill knife...old one..not very sharp. You can use a short putty knife or even a flat screw driver or dull chisel....very carefully. I was told a wood shim might work...didn't for me. A plastic one might though.

Once you get one side to give a bit...you can rock the top back and forth till it's free. The housing is aluminum, easily scratched....beware.

You will prolly lose the thin o-ring on your first time. Be sure to have new ones on hand when you do change the oil and filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back