2007 Challenger 180 Speed and performance problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMA93

I bought my challenger last month and it has 40 hrs on it. I am new to seadoo boats but owned 2 RXP's in past. The first thing I did after private purchase was have local dealer rebuild supercharger and fix oil leak from shaft seal bearing.
I have taken boat out 3 times and cannot get more than 38 mph top speed @ 7400 rpm.
Ive checked speed with gps and they are same. I also noticed the boat throws a large "rooster tail" which lead me to think my reverse gate is the culprit. It does not completely go up or lock when fully engaged in Forward. Can this cause drag and speed issues like what I'm experiencing? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm sure that reverse gate interference would affect your speed. I have twin engines, but here's what my wake looks like:

P6020041.jpg

With supercharged engines you should get 7800/8000 RPM's. The reverse gate in the wrong position would slow you down but not decrease your RPM's by much more then 500 RPM's.

I'm sorry I meant 50 to a 100 rpm's. The gate in the wrong position will slow the boat down in forward motion (mph) but have little effect on rpm's.

Yes wake is much higher and much wider.
What would cause the gate to not lock? When fully engaged in Forward I can manually pull it down or push gate up an additional 3"-4". Thanks to those weighing in.

I'm sorry I meant 50 to a 100 rpm's. The gate in the wrong position will slow the boat down in forward motion (mph) but have little effect on rpm's.

Ok so may need a throttle cable adjustment as well. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back