2007 4Tec GTI No Beep, no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianb007

Hi.

I bought a 2007 4Tec GTI NA. Engine was shot. Rebuilt the engine. All fuses are good. When I put the lanyard in, the display lights up for 3 seconds and disappeared, but the “SEA DOO” text stays on as long as the key/lanyard is plugged in.
I checked the power relay, it does click/switch when the key/lanyard gets connected. The beeper fuse has power too at the fuse. If I however connect the key/lanyard, there is no beep sounds at all. Also, when I press Start/Stop nothing happens.

I cleaned the DESS key/lanyard. What could it be or what can I test next to find the problem?? What is my display supposed to do when I connect the key/lanyard?

corrosion

Hi.

I bought a 2007 4Tec GTI NA. Engine was shot. Rebuilt the engine. All fuses are good. When I put the lanyard in, the display lights up for 3 seconds and disappeared, but the “SEA DOO” text stays on as long as the key/lanyard is plugged in.
I checked the power relay, it does click/switch when the key/lanyard gets connected. The beeper fuse has power too at the fuse. If I however connect the key/lanyard, there is no beep sounds at all. Also, when I press Start/Stop nothing happens.

I cleaned the DESS key/lanyard. What could it be or what can I test next to find the problem?? What is my display supposed to do when I connect the key/lanyard?

Check at your starter solenoid you have 2 post with 2 red wires on it one of the red wires has 2 smaller red wires going into the rubber boat this is a common place for corrosion look good it may appear clean but somehow those 2 red wire get corroded easy. also could be a bad tops switch or bad post. u can jump the relay to see if it starts possible bad solenoid there are several possibilities

Check at your starter solenoid you have 2 post with 2 red wires on it one of the red wires has 2 smaller red wires going into the rubber boat this is a common place for corrosion look good it may appear clean but somehow those 2 red wire get corroded easy. also could be a bad tops switch or bad post. u can jump the relay to see if it starts possible bad solenoid there are several possibilities

Could this be why there are no beeps when the key/lanyard is switched on?

how are all your ground connections? Esp at the starter from the battery. All other electrical connections tight with no corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back