2006 Sea Doo RXP - Trouble Starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

poplawchuk

So I bought an 06 RXP with a supercharger failure. I pulled the motor out and the bottom end off and cleaned it out. Luckily there wasnt too much damage. I reassembled it all. And when I go to start it, it sounds like the timing is off, like it is firing wrong, it turns over a bit and almost locks up and quite a bit of backfiring. If I hold the throttle wide open it turns over like crazy. I never removed the crank or timing chain so I don't see how the timing could be off. So it is throwing a P0344 Cam phase sensor signal missing and a P0339 Crank signal fault not plausible with cam signal. Otherwise I'm pretty much stumped. I am hoping it is something simple, but fear the worst. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Timing chain should be inspected as the washer parts some times damage it

It was running fine before we tore it down, so thats what get's me. Does anyone know if its possible to install the trigger wheel incorrectly and if that would cause that? That's the only thing I could spot in the troubleshooting of the service manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back