2006 Sea-Doo RXP 215 Supercharged purchasing questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidmarks

Hi! I'm back again! I gave up on the other two Sea-Doos I was looking at to wait for a 215 or higher. I found a 2006 Sea-Doo RXP 215 Supercharged for around $5400. From what I see its in excellent condition! Is this a good deal? I'm also wondering if that would work to pull a tube and skier. He said there was some work done on the supercharger, but from what i gathered from you guys, that happens pretty frequently. Is that something that should steer me away from this one? Or would it be still a good purchase? Thanks in advance!!

Hi! I'm back again! I gave up on the other two Sea-Doos I was looking at to wait for a 215 or higher. I found a 2006 Sea-Doo RXP 215 Supercharged for around $5400. From what I see its in excellent condition! Is this a good deal? I'm also wondering if that would work to pull a tube and skier. He said there was some work done on the supercharger, but from what i gathered from you guys, that happens pretty frequently. Is that something that should steer me away from this one? Or would it be still a good purchase? Thanks in advance!!

Periodic rebuilds are the norm. However...the reasons vary and are quite important.

Ask him what was done to the sc, when and why. (Ask for receipts...w/o them...it didn't happen.) Not in an aggressive way...but curious.

$5400 is on the high side...unless we're talkin low hrs in perfect condition.

A 215 is more than capable of handling any tube towing activity.

As for an RXP...that's a 2 seater...check your laws re the number of peeps on the ski and in the tube. In any case...no matter the model...do not buy w/o a test ride. You wanna see 8K+ rpm wot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a few jet skis in my life . I bought a 2006 rxp 215 2 years ago paid about 6300.00 some people would say I overpaid. Well it only had 70 hrs on it you could eat off the block never seen saltwater . Did 74 mph. Still does not a mark on gel coat like new . Never had a problem with it beside normal supercharge rebuild and oil etc. I found out the jetskis that I got a deal on were all lemons somebody trying to unload there problems

Okay thank you for the great info! I asked him why and what went on for the "maintenance" on the SC. It has 130 hours and is in really nice condition from what I can tell but have not seen it in person yet. It's still kind of cold here in MN, but if he lets me I will take out anyway. Thank you again for your help Red2Blue!

To safely pull someone behind the PWC you need a three seater. Driver, spotter and skier. The RXT.
The RXP is great quick agile ski and really fun for one rider. The RXP is your jumping etc ski. The RXT is not a jumping Ski, but is very good at hauling, pulling and crusing.
I put a ski pole on my RXT 2006(same hull as wake model). It is posted on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to pull things, get a three-seater. Besides the legal requirement, the three seater is larger and more stable when you have three people on it.
With SC, they need rebuilt every 100 hrs and or 2 years, whichever comes first. If he can not provide receipts, then you MUST assume it wasn't done. 04 to 07 had ceramic washers and these MUST be replaced with updated metal washers. If the ceramic washers break they fall into the engine and they can be an engine killer.

I own a 256 RXT-X and it is both a monster and very stable. It is basically the three seater RXP.

If you are going to pull things, get a three-seater. Besides the legal requirement, the three seater is larger and more stable when you have three people on it.
With SC, they need rebuilt every 100 hrs and or 2 years, whichever comes first. If he can not provide receipts, then you MUST assume it wasn't done. 04 to 07 had ceramic washers and these MUST be replaced with updated metal washers. If the ceramic washers break they fall into the engine and they can be an engine killer.

I own a 256 RXT-X and it is both a monster and very stable. It is basically the three seater RXP.

Okay, well the RXT and WAKE is slightly out of my price range and they are also very hard to find in my area. So would a GTI SE 155 do the job? Thank you so much for the help!

GTI is a good ski for the price. The 155 will do the job and be MUCH better in regards to fuel economy. That said, there is a substantial difference from the 155 to any of the SC engines.

Look for a 2009 or newer RXT-X. There are many out there with less than 100 hours on them. Mine is an 09 that I bought new (still untitled) from the dealer in 2011. It was old stock that never sold. Bought it new for $9999. I would think it is worth about half that now.

Being used to Florida prices its difficult sometimes to be critical of northern pricing, but those numbers aren't crazy high, just on the higher end of the price range, its all relative to condition, hours, maintenance, and confidence in the seller.

IMO any 4tec will have enough power to pull a toy, some will be better than others, but all will work, I do recommend a 3 seater due to legality and stability, much easier to board/reboard a 3 seater with multiple passengers.

Look for a 2009 or newer RXT-X. There are many out there with less than 100 hours on them. Mine is an 09 that I bought new (still untitled) from the dealer in 2011. It was old stock that never sold. Bought it new for $9999. I would think it is worth about half that now.

Yeah where I'm at I'd be lucky to find one for 7-8k, but I'll def keep my eye out! I found an 09 RXT and an 06 GTI SE for 13,000 as a package, but I'll ask him to separate!

Being used to Florida prices its difficult sometimes to be critical of northern pricing, but those numbers aren't crazy high, just on the higher end of the price range, its all relative to condition, hours, maintenance, and confidence in the seller.

IMO any 4tec will have enough power to pull a toy, some will be better than others, but all will work, I do recommend a 3 seater due to legality and stability, much easier to board/reboard a 3 seater with multiple passengers.

Thank you! I will keep that in mind during the rest of my (hopefully short) searching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back