2006 Sea Doo Islandia Sport Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanchristian

Let me start this by saying I am not mechanically inclined at all. Let me also say that I bought my Islandia 6 months ago and I love it but I have a couple of issues with it and hoping that someone on here might help.

1) The biggest existing problem are the intakes on this boat. It seems I can't ever take it out without clogging one of the intakes. I will be cruising around 5 or 6000 rpms and then one of the engines will suddenly rev out to 7500 rps and lose all power. I try the Inlet Clearance System and sometimes it works, sometimes not. Then I throw the boat in reverse and rev it out and then back in forward and rev it out trying to blow whatever else is in there. Should I take the boat out of the water and take the bar screens off the inlets? Is there a standard technique to either clean out or blow out the crap I suck up without damaging the impeller? How will I know if the impeller is damaged. I have the twin rotax 155s and it seems this boat should do faster than 30mph?

2) This boat came with a "factory" tower on it. I have the boat in a wet slip because I can't get the tower to collapse to put in dry storage at the marina. When I looked up the factory tower it is different than the tower I have but the bimini top fits it perfectly so maybe it was a after market or version 1 or something. Any ideas? This also messes up me covering the boat. So when I pull the boat out for the winter I can't properly cover it. Any ideas without costing me a fortune to have a special cover made for it that will go over the tower?

3) The ladders on this boat only have three rungs which make it hard for some people to get back on. Do they make an aftermarket 4 rung ladder?

4) The baby pool in the front of the boat was a great concept but when I try and run it the pump runs but is not circulating the water properly. Do you have to have the forward fill valve open while the well pump is pumping? I thought the fill valve was just to get water into the well deck and the pump would recirculate itself.

Thanks for any comments to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back