2006 gtx limited repair cost?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardC

Hello. I'm new to seadoo skis. I have a pair of 2006 gtx limited skis and they both need some work. Neither is running so I took them to a repair shop. I was told that both superchargers would need to be rebuilt. One needs a new ECU and the other big ticket item is a new gauge cluster. I know the computer is about $1000 and the cluster is about $700. Regular maintenance will also be done. Both skis have around 80 hrs. Total I was quoted was about $4500. Does that price sound right? Thanks!

They get expensive fast, especially with OEM parts.. I also know they don't behave well without OEM parts for a lot of it. Of course the MPEM, cluster etc has to be through Bombardier as no after market.. S/C rebuilds at the dealer run the gammet for price, locally here they charge $600 for the 100hr, $750 for 200hr (more parts) which really is a crock. My 06 RXP came to me with a dead S/C that wasn't rebuildable and potential shrapnel in the crank case from it. Owner was quoted $9500 (Canadian, about $8600us) for a new motor, S/C and labour.. So they sold it to me cheap. Bought a rebuild S/C complete for $600, new bearings, 2 oil pumps and few other bits and runs great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back