2006 Challenger 180 flush port

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Hustle

I just purchased a 2006 Challenger 180 last monday. I have taken the boat out once in salt water. I purchased a quick connect hose adapter from Lowes tonight so I could flush out the salt water, but the adapter doesn't fit onto the flush port. My flush port is brass in color, and has a small groove in it, about 3/4ths of the way back. Am I doing something wrong? Am I attempting to hook up the hose to the wrong spot? (It is on the right side of the jet drive on the rear of the boat) Thank you in advance

Here are 2 pictures, first one is a view of the jet drive, 2nd picture shows the brass stem which I thought was the flush port, but now I'm not so sure. Please help this rookie! Lol

Well for some reason it's saying upload failed on the pictures. If someone who could help me, would provide their email or numner I can send the pictures.

Just drag and drop your pics into the body of the post and they should appear.

Ok, here are the images. The 1st one I am including is from the owners manual online. It is pointing directly to the flush port. The next 3 images will be from my boat. My port obviously looks different from the manual. Screenshot_20200302-062558_Drive.jpg
20200301_225617.jpg
20200301_225333.jpg
20200301_225312.jpg

Flush ports on our 2012 are on the left side of the pump. Looks like someone put a male nipple into the port. Probably just screwed the hose end onto it.

I believe you're looking for something like this

Just remove the nipple and replace with the quick connect adapter.

flush kit.jpg

how to use quick connect adapters (in case anyone is not sure): The hose end is your flush port end where someone already put part of the connector on.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your help/replies, especially to slazier2000. Your video showed me exactly what I was doing wrong. I wasn't pressing down on the end of the quick connect adapter. This obviously wasn't letting it fit over the brass valve on the flush port. When I got home this morning, I tried again to put onto the flush port, and sure enough it worked right away. Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back